wet walls?

thealissa

For everyone who has a fully screened cage, what do you guys use to keep your walls from getting wet when you mist?

For everyone who has a fully screened cage, what do you guys use to keep your walls from getting wet when you mist?

I usually have my fan pointed at the direction of my cages. The walls will get kinda wet but not for long.

You could always just line the walls with plastic. Simply use a garbage bag

I use hanging Pathos so most of the water hits the plant. I find you need to tweek the nozzles at times to point where you want them, and nozzles that are starting to clog will put out some unexpected water projectiles. I also have a suspicion that my chams sometimes move them when climbing.

I still get some screen spray, but my collection pan is 2 inches bigger than my cage, so the water that drips down and drips off the frame is still contained. I had leaks everywhere when i had a tupperware pan under the cage! By having the collection pan bigger than the cage bottom you solve a lot of floor and furniture problems!!:D

Nick

Shower curtains! I like the cloth ones because they will absorb the water and then dry. The plastic ones will drip. We are eventually covering the walls with FRP material. It's water proof and can be used in shower type atmospheres. :)

I used the clear vinly that you can use as book covers. It was reccomended to me by a fellow member, and I love it.

You can't even tell it exists unless you get very close up.

I spent 2 days, and about 4 coats of paint, painting my room. I will be damned if I cover them up with a hideous plastic bag or shower curtain.

I cut the curtains to size too, so they don't cover the whole wall. :) Just behind the cages.

Sounds like a good plan. I retract my statement, a shower curtain works wonders as well, I'm sure the shiny coat works really well for blending in with varnish finished paints as well too.

My walls are matte, so the dull sheen of the vinyl blends in like the predator.

I like the cloth ones because they will absorb the water and then dry.
I don't like shiny. I like the colored cloth ones because they blend in with the wall, but don't drip moisture. :) They dry fast, and that's why most hotels/motels use them. I am not a fan of mildew. I am just excited to eventually finish off the room with FRP walls. :)

Back
Top Bottom