We're all 'shed-ing' these days...

Show must go on... Even without Wurma... Well... Not entirely without!

Shed-project will from now be known as Casa Wurma and he will forever keep watch (or atleast as long as the doublesided tape holds).
y4mXb8M7bMDQs-TC4QKkwGz82Yt17uCScphZA9bSpXgEr5dsBE98Sdmu1mqPnRpSeKgsMClGOVgQXgOvbMzafEpLyHvII60bgSvY2psTR7d-Moo2K-E44pSCfWFS2IuM6X2vc913QnSfiZQedQC7kuJKk_bKHTrtF_qj1TFiGI9NaMvBUPAAH4RiK8FzxxCMwWKj3Vyka9mcNdheZxBLsNJdQ

Large woodwork is done on the big enclosure, I will take on the challenge to create a Styrofoam background that can compete against a tegu or savannah monitor... Got 3liters of epoxy incoming to strengthen it.

I can't properly photograph this enclosure...
y4mpYno_mW07eDR9_FDGWHIhibJA423YXA4nnK7UAlt4J41d17pYZ6mlXOL-vf7U5p71-eOCbwA6AbyxUTISczD7F8-tx-6rqUjZoEkioF0LamC90A9J9TJz8HukWce2DknleE0ju3FnRBQdoLsuvxNy_uY7EHtI1wo5MuebQuCh0Kd4LNiCWukSDZZV3ROFnWW1MgNpsacZAG7LwKODY5Vdw

It's also a room with a view.

Tomorrow I will hunt for leaks again in the chameleon enclosure. Robi has moved inside again (he hates it), hopefully he can move back to the shed this friday.

This is such a dream set up❤️. Was clearing a cement foundation of vines from a tree smashed prev she'd, and this is ridiculously inspiring. Congratulations on an amazing new habitat for your scaled ones!! The insect escapees alone are worth the investment

Aww, that’s lovely Remko, he’s still with you.
Awesome setup for the tegu/ monitor, i love the deep digging area, he’s going to have such fun.
And looking super tidy too!
Very exciting to see the finished result.

This is such a dream set up❤️. Was clearing a cement foundation of vines from a tree smashed prev she'd, and this is ridiculously inspiring. Congratulations on an amazing new habitat for your scaled ones!! The insect escapees alone are worth the investment
My wife mainly agreed on me having the shed because of escapee feeders and so I could store my tools there.

It's kinda a dream for me, I used to want a reptileroom with a lot of enclosures but building itcI decided on 1 big enclosure that I could section off.

Well darn!
After multiple attempts of fixing the leak water just finds an other way out...
I just can't imagine that there are still spots I missed with the multiple layers of epoxy.... oh well...

This weekend there will be a heatwave in the Netherlands apparently so it will be a great opportunity to move Robi outside and give it another go.
I have decided I will go with pondliner again but this time it's a Rubber pondliner instead of a PVC one where nothing wanted to stick to, I also found some special silicone and glues that should stick to almost everything.
to avoid folds and gaps in the pondliner as much as I can I will only bring the pondliner up about 3/4 of the way, then screw a hard-wooden frame over it over it and seal it off with silicone.

Yes, this time it's serious! :mad:

I have also decided not to go with any new Chameleons in this enclosure for at least a while, maybe not ever...
Instead I will give Robi the full enclosure which he will hopefully use to it's fullest!
I will move a full glass enclosure into the shed (that I first planned to discard) and prepare that in due time for a chameleon.

Hopefully I will also have some upgrades arriving Saturday, namely the Arcadia Twin T5 Controller, 24 - 39 Watt with 2 reflectors and 2 UVB lamps to cover the whole enclosure.
I may still decide to change 1 UVB light into a linear tube for plantgrowth, but I think 2 baskingspots with each a 39Watt T5 UVB light is not to much for a 6.5 feet wide enclosure.

After that I will work on the big enclosure again, time to make a styrofiam rockwall, then make it rockhard with a sand + cement mixture (first time for me, I'm used to tile adhesive), can't wait until I'm at that stage.

A curse rests upon me...
I worked on fixing the leak sunday, yeaterday I still found a small leak due to some edge I did not put silicone on. So today was the day to see if all hard work payed off... Booster pump broke... Almost no misting done today...:cautious: ... Now i still know nothing and am another 100euro lighter on ordering a new pump.

In other news, lighting upgrades are done... Here's what went into the enclosure:
y4mI_aQYmB17fN_vEkHdPfb_lmB6OjiBfCcTgzNrbOpPNK7COjwkOAXgI9W5kMj9SBxDynVs4Sj2WV_pEOfeENNJ3ICoO3AQ3wH0pUfTMptl096y20Ry4ZL7DmY8Ude82_0AZnqMtZ0FlaJ2gA9Xqm6vqTbFt1O0f1tC-M1ZTd5I-dFMS_4Ll9U3W6ffFdi6LtCdsnOUw8qwB26lK_LKNS49Q

Also the open top is history, turns out Robi is a reincarnation of Houdini and has escaped multiple times... I'm done shortening branches as it also takes away usable space for him, so now he has mesh.
y4mZT3HXrAt_QKvWK9D9hk_WPjyCHYPvBpiy4HQCFwcpxGxRKCIT3eWmuP5XKVrbGEhgiiROpy9oh2tRmEp4_euCD8FyXQhIWMCRjh873blo91LUpU74noVI_F02xpNJgBV-6uTXAOYSqMAKzxCMwuiP9v8g59H5826QOv7LTPGfpH56SMcxAfOOXdWXQT0vC7ybYa1tO5PjLcgvLvK-ZTLyQ

And yes, the whole enclosure is his now.

Once I got the new pump and if no leaks are to be found I will again add the substrate and add in springtails and isopods, right now the plants are lose in the enclosure.

Wow, LUCKY Robi!! What a brilliant place for him, what a lucky little dude!
Looking absolutely brilliant and love all those lights,
Uh oh! What’s this?? Another leak!!?? Noooo!
Well, you’ll get there but it’s looking great, you must be over the moon it’s all coming together at last!

Still waiting for leaks in Robi's enclosure... I may have finally won that battle...
I'll add the soil back in later this week and will, mix in sand and also add spring tails.

Time to work on the big enclosure, 1 layer of epoxy all around, time to add some Styrofoam for a rockwall, then cover it in chickenwire, then apply a thick layer of concrete...
I'm now half way trough the chickenwire and I look like I have been wrestling with cats.
y4mELuf8apqPWJ_PdghF7bQ8axe0PYGOHu4Y3vdvx3OlqNA-JhxMtbpNfH8yJ02xttU3vbebd_o7h-r-YborwTJn7kDDAGwdapG7kFJzaAccZyxsDk9SaNwPhGZCzE7jGoxa6ob3zXEel_v7bUzspZVkPGt2KAJI_JqE4g91X1qkZhiyRi4gg4RjamxRoBVs9DXfrTAb2Z_bQgaXFLAI0EZmA

I'm planning to move down the 60cm (24")x40cm (16")x100cm (40") glass enclosure to the shed today so I can also work on a nice rockwall for that, will probably not do it in concrete but use tile adhesive instead as it doesn't need to be as strong and I already have experience with that. Not sure what I wanna keep in there, Hoehnelii is on my list but I'm not sure if it will be a good size enclosure for it so I'm keeping options open in poison-dart frogs, Day Geckos or pigmy chameleons, other smaller tropical lizards.

I already took preperations for the glass enclosure and drilled in a 32mm (2") hole for drainage... I rarely been so happy about having made a hole in something... Look at my hole, LOOK AT IT!!!
y4m3NP0AWb3bhlaSX5umTC8yS9bU2lHK-NqnvybICIdML_PO9Cdvtd7fxqzV9XC1WJwS79GZMDMwK5twxWsbR-bDo4_nsPKknRPews_SYwswsr11MJMjE6v3Q9zQUsOLesHTGo1wFZGfZQ3atQDmxfPqZRL40UMsEftdstzVX0n5fFGpnosKZgBwz_WDIUeFRsh6dCDzyWcy5qXoVvQBnAkhw

Back
Top Bottom