weird drinking habit??

kanahthe1st

So my male panther chameleon is weird! I'll spray him and instead of going to a plant or stick to drink off he acts as if a drop of water is a bug and shoots his tougn(wow cant spell) anyways i feel as if he isn't getting enough to drink using this tactic does anyone else have one that drinks simuliar to my Yoshi?? And should it be changed or something?? Just curious

I have seen my chameleons do this a couple of times - I guess the droplets catch their eye, kind of sparkly and stuff, lol. Anyways, I'm sure it's probably not the only way they're drinking, just something he does once in a while. I just figure it's probably nice exercise for their tongue too.
But, a lot of us never actually SEE our chameleons do their drinking. We just have to judge by the appearance of their urates that they're drinking enough.
But that being said, I'd rather see them shoot-drink than worry they're not drinking at all. :) if you do become worried about drinking quantity, there are other back-ups you can employ like gutloading crickets and worms with lots of wet juicy vegetables, feeding juicy worms like horns and silks, stuff like that to kind of ensure they're ingesting some moisture in case their drinking is lacking. But you dont sound like you have that problem, he IS drinking so I wouldn't worry unless there are potential obstacles that might catch his tongue where he's shooting at.

So my male panther chameleon is weird! I'll spray him and instead of going to a plant or stick to drink off he acts as if a drop of water is a bug and shoots his tougn(wow cant spell) anyways i feel as if he isn't getting enough to drink using this tactic does anyone else have one that drinks simuliar to my Yoshi?? And should it be changed or something?? Just curious

my female loves to drink like a normal cham from an eye dropper, as for my male, he bites, shoots, and chews on the eye dropper instead of actually drinking..bugs me, but as long as his urates have nice white to them hes getting enough..

Sometimes they'll shoot for water. How long are you misting? I find it usually takes 5-10 minutes - the first couple minutes just for the chameleon to figure out what's going on, remember that this is water and that you're supposed to drink it, etc.

My cham shoots his tongue at water droplets to, he licks the leaves and vines to drink most of the time.

I never ever ever see my Cham drink. It does worry me. As I have seen him drink when I first got him no problem but it was only ever ff his thermometer now I don't see it at all. Setting up a misting system today I think

Only time I ever saw Lily drink- right after laying her clutch. Otherwise never. he must be cause her urates are always white

Mine sticks his tongue out to reach the drops falling from the leaves or just lick the water from them when they form micro ponds!:)

my girl just realized like a week ago what the mister was. so now when she sees me holding it up to the screen she rushes over and opens her mouth. yet she always gets scared when i pull the trigger and water shoots out

Back
Top Bottom