Weird Cham Habits!

SJRG95

I just wanted to make some small talk about our lovely Chams. What are some weird things some of your chams do?
My girl- loves to tease our other pets. She climbs all over my other Chams cage. She loves to sit next to the snakes cage and loves to flirt with our leopard gecko. They never bother her and she doesn't mind them at all.
My guy- loves to eat upside down. He hangs in his cage and eats everything upside down. And he licks me. Every time I handle him. He likes my hand. I thought it was thirst at first. But he does it every time I hold him.

My boy loves coming in the shower with me. I have a little plant set up for him and the steam goes by and he spends the entire time licking the air (never the actual leaves of the plant)

I've caught my guy doing this a few times already...he'll ignore the bowl of feeders when I put it in his cage. After an hour or so, I'll check the bowl to see if he's eaten (untouched) anything and that's when he makes a quick (power walk speed) dash from the top of the cage to the bowl and snatches a feeder in front of me as if to say "don't touch my food!" :D

I love the shower thing that's awesome!!!! I think Chams have a thing for reading other mean animals!!!! My girl flies to her food. From the top of her cage! But she's just a fatty. :)

I've had one of my male panthers stick his dingdong out and do the headbob to me -_-;;

Well, my 2-year-old veiled male, Squig, has issues with everything. He was raised in a little independent petshop, with his enclosure on a stand above everyone, so when they spritzed him with water, it was from below. To this day, he has to kvetch about water being sprayed anywhere near him. Hiss, hiss, gape. But when he's thirsty, he just comes towards me and the sprayer with his mouth wide open and stands there waiting for some spritzes right into his mouth. Same technique he uses for goliath worms or wax worms. He's always been a fussy eater (he's blind in one eye, so he aims into a special food dish), but I know when he's feeling social at breakfast time.

I have two new veileds, just about reaching maturity (the female told me it was time for a separate enclosure). She's just a normal keep-to-herself type, but the male is totally unexpected. He likes to go walk-about in the large plants by the window, so open the enclosure and he's right out on my hand and across my arm, heading where he wants to go. The only problem is when he wants to go to sleep in the evening on a grapewine wreath hanging from a hook in the ceiling --

And since he discovered he wants to eat dirt from the flowerpots. I'm using plastic canvas to cover the openings, but I just know he's working out what to do.

And today he decided to really go traveling. He crawled out past the plants onto the bottom/storage level of my beardie's tank stand, and then climbed down to the floor and took off in a straight line, no wobblies, for the other rooms. It was touch-touch everything along the way and then keep going. I have no idea what he was looking for--

That's awesome! I have a pet he's a jerk. But if I bring out a hornworm he suddenly loves me!

I think our Chams are so adventurous they have a huge curiosity. I love it!

I love how my veiled will just hang out in this part of his cage just waiting to get hand fed, & gets ready to shoot his tongue whenever i put my hand in his cage, if i dont have anything he just comes & licks my fingers.

Back
Top Bottom