Weird bump on my veiled cham.

NotZack

I have provided some pictures

Here is the stuff:
(mostly everything on this was updated, ask away on anything)
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon, male, 5-7 months.
  • Handling - once or not at all every week or two.
  • Feeding - Parsley, crickets,horn worms, super worms, and lastly cauligreens. hornworms are treats, 8-10 crickets a day, and one of the veggies for one or twice a week. feeding crickets every day, trying to go for a hornworm every week, a veggie once or twice a week. fruits and fluckers gutload.
  • Supplements - everyday dusting with calcium no d3, twice a month with multivitamin.
  • Watering - repti mister every hour for 45 seconds
  • Fecal Description - Regular droppings, brown and some white at the end. I haven't tested him for anything. (a struggle to find a vet with experience for chams.)
  • History - Nothing except since I first got him he was a nice chameleon, also when I first fed him crickets using a cup he didn't need training at all, he just used it.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - it is a screen cage. 16x16x20 inches (Length, width, hieght) (upgrading tmw)
  • Lighting - 50W bask light, reptisun 5.0
  • Temperature - 80-85*. 73f* lowest overnight temp. digital temp. thermostat, mesuring top, and bottom.
  • Humidity - usually 70-80%
  • Plants - I use plastic plants. but use bigger vegetables as live plants to snack on.
  • Placement - near my bed? No close ac/fans. around 43 inches away from the ground
  • Location - Virginia, eastern america.

Current Problem - Weird bump on his side ( pics below)

Other - nothing to add, mood hasn't changed or anything.
img_5534-jpg.212338

My veiled had one like that as well, my vet said it could be a build up under the skin from broken ribs. Is it Hard? If it's getting bigger than I would take him to see a vet.

Also does your multi vitamin have d3? Your night time temp only goes down to 73? What do you mean you use bigger vegetables as live plants to snack on?

Also does your multi vitamin have d3? Your night time temp only goes down to 73? What do you mean you use bigger vegetables as live plants to snack on?

My multivitamin includes d3 (zoo med reptivite)
That’s a little high(mainly in the summer) last night it went to 70.1 f*

And I used to give him veggies but he eats off the ficus tree now.

Looks like calcium build up around a possibly one fractured bone, calcium builds up around the healed bone, wouldn’t worry unless it gets bigger

Back
Top Bottom