weight

growing zoo

Just wondered what an ideal weight would be for a male veiled at about 8-9 months ??
Kevin is now 71 grams and is currently shedding different parts of his body each day for the last week

wow my 14/15 month female veiled must be a big girl. On average over the last few months her weight is approx 167 grams. She doesnt appear to be over weight and is definately not overfed. I found a thread on here about veiled cham weights a while back using the search function you may find interesting, I would hunt it down for you but Im doing this on my cell phone at work lol.

My adult male veiled is about 165g also. He's a little chunky for his size though, I don't think he had great care as a youngster from the person I got him from so he's a little small.

wow my 14/15 month female veiled must be a big girl. On average over the last few months her weight is approx 167 grams. She doesnt appear to be over weight and is definately not overfed. I found a thread on here about veiled cham weights a while back using the search function you may find interesting, I would hunt it down for you but Im doing this on my cell phone at work lol.

That sounds enormous. Could you post some pictures of her please? I just weighted Camille yesterday, my female veiled and she's 2 1/2 years old and was only 125 grams. Has your girl laid eggs? Maybe she's carrying eggs???? How much and how often do you feed her? Being over weight can definitely shorten their life.

That sounds enormous. Could you post some pictures of her please? I just weighted Camille yesterday, my female veiled and she's 2 1/2 years old and was only 125 grams. Has your girl laid eggs? Maybe she's carrying eggs???? How much and how often do you feed her? Being over weight can definitely shorten their life.

Hi Jann, I can post a pic this eve when im on my computer and you can let me know what you think by looking. She has not laid eggs yet and I don't belive she is now as this has been her weight for a few months now (i started weighing her in case I miss any signs of her carrying) I keep her basking temp hottest at 82 and feed her every second (sometimes every 3rd) day. she usually eats approx. 8 med crix OR a few med dubia OR 3/4 supers OR a few med horn/silkies all gutloaded well. She doesnt appear to me to be overweight to me but she is my first cham and I would value your opinion once I post a few pics this eve. Thanks.

Thanks for the range of weights!!!
My boy seems small compared to everyone elses :(
He's cute all the same :)
Will try to post a pic later

ps sorry for hijacking your post zoo. Jannb, I just weighed Carmie again now and took some pics. She weighed in at 172grams and is 6.5 inches snout to vent. thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpg
    IMG_2283.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 100
How old is Carmie?
Are girls usually smaller or the same as males?
This is Kev about a month or so ago, I am going to try to measure him tomorrow.

IMG_0711.jpg

Kev is a really handsome boy and he looks good. Just the right size.

Carmie's a beautiful lady but a tad chunky. I'd cut back a bug or two at each feeding. She looks wide and could have eggs. You have a laying bin for her just incase, right?

Growingzoo: Carmie is approx 14-15 months old. Kev is a good lookin guy, lots of shades of green, I'm sure Carmie would like to get a hold of him lol Jann: Yuppers, I have had a bin in her enclosure for about 6 months now just in case. Do you know approx how much weight is gained if a female is carrying an average size infertile clutch?

Growingzoo: Carmie is approx 14-15 months old. Kev is a good lookin guy, lots of shades of green, I'm sure Carmie would like to get a hold of him lol Jann: Yuppers, I have had a bin in her enclosure for about 6 months now just in case. Do you know approx how much weight is gained if a female is carrying an average size infertile clutch?

Camille looses 20 to 23 grams after laying an infertile clutch but it takes her months to gain 20 grams back.

Back
Top Bottom