Weight check, please?

SueAndHerZoo

Established Member
Hi.
When I rescued this guy a few weeks ago and posted pictures some mentioned that he was overweight. I've been feeding him a lot less since hearing that and today decided to actually weigh him so I could track the results of his dieting. He clocked in at 101 grams (somewhere between 1-2 years old) and here are a few pics of him tonight. His casque is a little puffy and so are his cheeks but is this a sign of being overweight or could it be something even more serious like fluid retention?

And how about that "pouch" under his jaw... is that normal?
Thanks in advance.
Sue
IMG_6436.jpg
IMG_6437.jpg
IMG_6438.jpg

101 Gms isn’t a lot for an adult male, however, I would suspect his growth may have been stunted by poor care. From his casque and cheeks, I’d say he does need to trim down a bit but he doesn’t look obese. Maybe this will help.

101 Gms isn’t a lot for an adult male, however, I would suspect his growth may have been stunted by poor care. From his casque and cheeks, I’d say he does need to trim down a bit but he doesn’t look obese. Maybe this will help.

Thanks! I had just watched that video before I posted on here, in addition to the ones by Neptune's Mom. Glad the pouch under his chin is normal - that one worried me. I'll keep him on a low-fat diet and weigh him weekly but glad to hear he's not a total porker. :)

He was not cared for properly before I got him. No calcium or vitamins, only a compact, spiral UVB light, and a blue heat bulb. And he was fed fruits and vegetables all the time in addition to mealworms. I'm lucky he's as healthy as he is!
Sue

Back
Top Bottom