Weak female veiled

I the changing of light works.. You can also give them butterflys it helps to get them active. They'll start perking up.. You can also double the light they are getting by putting them on a live plant/tree near the window. Or even place them outside where you can keep trrack of them..

Feeding them butterflies is not a great idea. Some are quite bad tasting or even toxic. Plus, you won't know what specific species he has there in Bulgaria. They may be coated with pesticides too.

it looked like she was getting better ... her grip got a lot stronger than it was ... also her tail returned to a normal color ... but i found her dead. The area around her ribs had dark stripes alongside the ribs ... 5 dark stripes long 1 cm this was only on the right side of her body and she was not breathing

So sorry you lost her! It was possible she ended up with some sort of spinal injury...but without a thorough necropsy you may never know for sure.

BTW, odd coloration or unusual patches of dark or very light coloration is a sign that a cham is close to death. They are losing neurological control of their color change abilities. It probably had nothing to do with her cause of death.

Sorry

That is very sad. It showed how much you cared for her. Im very sorry for your loss. You tried very hard to save her. Brian

damn i realy got attached to the chameleon :X they are magnificent animals ...

I hope that this thread helps the newbies and show them what MBD is capable of so they don't do the same mistake i did ...

I think that it's caused due to the old bulb and she didn't absorb enough calcium ... also she did lay eggs 2 months ago ... and from what i read they use a lot of calcium to produce the eggs and she layed 34 eggs. I'm not sure that these two things are connected ... maybe the owners with more experince can say something about this.

Feeding them butterflies is not a great idea. Some are quite bad tasting or even toxic. Plus, you won't know what specific species he has there in Bulgaria. They may be coated with pesticides too.

from what i read i wouldn't suggest to anyone to use wild caught feeders. It's a risk i wouldn't take. They can be very dangerous for the chameleon
I am breeding my feeders and i have crickets ( 2 spieces), zophobas morio, just started a blaptica dubia colony, tenebrio molitor and i tried to start waxworm colony and a fruit fly colony and had a temporary success with both but i didn't want to continue to breed the fruit flyes and the waxworms ...
i do it because there are only a few breeders here and sometimes it can be pretty hard to find from where to buy food for my animal and i didn't want to risk it happening.

Back
Top Bottom