we have a problem !

In the photo in post #36, she still looks a little plump so I hope she laid all the eggs. If she shows any signs of decline in the next few days, I would make sure to get her to a good chameleon vet to have a xray done to be sure.

Fingers crossed, it won't be needed.

In the photo in post #36, she still looks a little plump so unhook she laid all the eggs. If she shows any signs of decline in the next few days, I would make sure to get her to a good chameleon vet to have a xray done to be sure.

Fingers crossed, it won't be needed.
unhook? and oh no 😣 I really hope she’s okay. that picture was also after she ate good too, could that be a possibility for the plumpness?

Not if she's near the top of the cage. She needs a bit of time/rest to recover from the lying
it’s been 3 days and she hasn’t moved from her basking branch too much. she’s moved to the branch below and even turned around but that’s all. eating and drinking fine tho

If you took her to a good chameleon vet, an X-ray could be done to determine if she still had eggs inside her that needed to be laid or not. Otherwise you can just keep an eye on her...but beware that she could go down hill fast, if she does still have eggs in her that she needs to lay and may become weak too fast to save her then.
It's not a decision I can tell you to make either way. I'm just giving you info on what could happen...and I'm not a vet either BTW.
I hope she's ok!

If you took her to a good chameleon vet, an X-ray could be done to determine if she still had eggs inside her that needed to be laid or not. Otherwise you can just keep an eye on her...but beware that she could go down hill fast, if she does still have eggs in her that she needs to lay and may become weak too fast to save her then.
It's not a decision I can tell you to make either way. I'm just giving you info on what could happen...and I'm not a vet either BTW.
I hope she's ok!
okay thank u. is it out of the ordinary for her to still be not moving too much ?

You’ll want to feed and hydrate her very well over the next couple of days…help her recover some of her strength. Silkworms and hornworms are great for after laying. Then you’ll really need to keep a close eye that her basking temp doesn’t get any higher than 80F. After a couple of days of feeding her well, you’ll then reduce her to 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week (plus occasional treats). It may take a cycle or two to take effect, but this should help reduce her egg production and frequency of laying. Both of my veiled girls are around 3 years old and have laid only 2-3 clutches each.
Bill Strand did a great podcast (#241) https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-academy-podcast-2021/
been wondering for a bit but forgot to ask, what’s the difference between giving her 3-4 feeders 3x a week, or just giving her a small amount each day? why every other day?

been wondering for a bit but forgot to ask, what’s the difference between giving her 3-4 feeders 3x a week, or just giving her a small amount each day? why every other day?
I don’t think there really is much difference. The important thing is not to overfeed, as that is the main factor in egg production. The basking temp of 80 will slow the metabolism down a bit so that digestion will occur a little slower and will reduce hunger a little. This may help explain it. http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/2007/12/keeping-female-veiled.html

Back
Top Bottom