we have a problem !

yea there’s water in it. would the vibrations from drilling bother her ?
Everything at this point will bother her. But you have to correct it if she is going to abandon the bin.

I would do something sooner then later though. Is she swollen between her front legs or was just just puffing up at you?

Everything at this point will bother her. But you have to correct it if she is going to abandon the bin.

I would do something sooner then later though. Is she swollen between her front legs or was just just puffing up at you?
she has a little bit of edema which people said can come when they’re receptive / gravid, but she also was puffing up at me 🤣 cranky girl today and I don’t blame her !

she has a little bit of edema which people said can come when they’re receptive / gravid, but she also was puffing up at me 🤣 cranky girl today and I don’t blame her !
Yeah that should reduce after she lays her eggs.

May I see how you have the cage set up with her bin?

Yeah that should reduce after she lays her eggs.

May I see how you have the cage set up with her bin?
image.jpg

I think we are gonna take her out and take the bin out and drill, she doesn’t seem to mind coming out rn so I think it’s the best option. and i’ve had a sheet up so she has privacy

@MissSkittles @kinyonga @Beman WE WERE SUCCESSFUL! So unfortunately when I got the drill, she started digging, and I knew I shouldn’t disturb her but she was also drinking the water. I put my hand in and she came to me, and we were about 10-15 minutes. she chilled on my mom while my grandpa and i took the bin out, drilled holes, and replaced it. I stirred the dirt and sand and it’s all good to go. we put her back in, I was worried she wouldn’t dig again. but after 5 minutes, she started digging in the same spot! I had made sure I took about 2 inches out of it and replaced the hole she had made so she wouldn’t know what happened 🤣 but she’s been digging since! thank you all SO MUCH

@MissSkittles @kinyonga @Beman WE WERE SUCCESSFUL! So unfortunately when I got the drill, she started digging, and I knew I shouldn’t disturb her but she was also drinking the water. I put my hand in and she came to me, and we were about 10-15 minutes. she chilled on my mom while my grandpa and i took the bin out, drilled holes, and replaced it. I stirred the dirt and sand and it’s all good to go. we put her back in, I was worried she wouldn’t dig again. but after 5 minutes, she started digging in the same spot! I had made sure I took about 2 inches out of it and replaced the hole she had made so she wouldn’t know what happened 🤣 but she’s been digging since! thank you all SO MUCH
Perfect now when she fills in the hole and is back up basking and completely done then you need to pull the bin and count the eggs. This will tell us what her clutch sizes are going to be and if there needs to be fine tuning to her diet.

ALL DONE! she came up a little after her lights turned off and I gave her 2 mins of spraying and 2 small dubias just for now bc she is going to sleep soon, tmr I will feed her better and count the eggs !
10862E0D-144C-457B-BA67-8D69A8C85BA6.jpeg

Attachments

• 544BD975-B7C9-4530-9E35-559A9A886537.jpeg
    544BD975-B7C9-4530-9E35-559A9A886537.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 76
45 eggs is too many for her to lay. I will tag @MissSkittles to go over feeding amounts and temps with you. Need to start getting her reduced so that her clutches are less then 20.
yeah ik its too much 😣 when I put the lay bin in her enclosure when she was receptive, it brought the temps up to about 90-95! I had to get a lower wattage heat lamp which took a bit of time unfortunately, so I had a feeling her clutch would be on the larger side. as for feeding, yes please tell me what to do next lol. but she doesn’t look like she retained any eggs, correct? like where her body meets her leg?

yeah ik its too much 😣 when I put the lay bin in her enclosure when she was receptive, it brought the temps up to about 90-95! I had to get a lower wattage heat lamp which took a bit of time unfortunately, so I had a feeling her clutch would be on the larger side. as for feeding, yes please tell me what to do next lol. but she doesn’t look like she retained any eggs, correct? like where her body meets her leg?
You’ll want to feed and hydrate her very well over the next couple of days…help her recover some of her strength. Silkworms and hornworms are great for after laying. Then you’ll really need to keep a close eye that her basking temp doesn’t get any higher than 80F. After a couple of days of feeding her well, you’ll then reduce her to 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week (plus occasional treats). It may take a cycle or two to take effect, but this should help reduce her egg production and frequency of laying. Both of my veiled girls are around 3 years old and have laid only 2-3 clutches each.
Bill Strand did a great podcast (#241) https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-academy-podcast-2021/

You’ll want to feed and hydrate her very well over the next couple of days…help her recover some of her strength. Silkworms and hornworms are great for after laying. Then you’ll really need to keep a close eye that her basking temp doesn’t get any higher than 80F. After a couple of days of feeding her well, you’ll then reduce her to 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week (plus occasional treats). It may take a cycle or two to take effect, but this should help reduce her egg production and frequency of laying. Both of my veiled girls are around 3 years old and have laid only 2-3 clutches each.
Bill Strand did a great podcast (#241) https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-academy-podcast-2021/
great thank you so much !

Back
Top Bottom