WC Ambanja

Provancha65

Avid Member
I received this boy from a supplier that I will not even mention as he was sold to me under false pretense. They did not care whatsoever about his health or well-being, to say the least. He came in the worst condition that I have ever seen a chameleon, WC or otherwise. He was loaded with parasites, fairly common amongst WC Chams, but the volume he was carrying blew my mind. Worse(yes worse), he was afflicted with a respiratory infection that had progressed to pneumonia and a gastrointestinal infection, as well as numerous abrasions. The abrasions presented themselves as rather benign, except that which was on his rostral process. But he had arrived drenched in the foulest smelling feces you could possibly imagine(some of it appeared to be old and caked on). Because of this, two extremely minor wounds on his knees developed severe infections. At first I thought they were thermal burns, but this was impossible due to his basking temp being roughly 88-89 degrees, not to mention there was no evidence of burning anywhere else on his body. As such I had to delicately remove small amounts of the tissue and apply polysporin to the infected areas until they healed over. He will have small scars there for the remainder of his life. Also his dorsal spines appear to have been either eaten down by crickets left in his enclosure or severely damaged. His Vet bills were heavy(euthanasia was suggested by some). But after 2 cycles of fenbendazole, 2 cycles of enrofloxacin, and a cycle of ceftazidime(sub-dermal injections on such small animals are never fun), and a ton of TLC, he finally seems to be doing great. So I thought I would share some pics with you. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• WC Ambanja near death on arrival.jpg
    WC Ambanja near death on arrival.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 63
  • WC Ambanja 3.jpg
    WC Ambanja 3.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 60
  • WC Ambanja 4.jpg
    WC Ambanja 4.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 62
  • WC Ambanja First hot day.jpg
    WC Ambanja First hot day.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 62
  • WC Ambanja First hot day 2.jpg
    WC Ambanja First hot day 2.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 58
  • WC Ambanja healthy 2.jpg
    WC Ambanja healthy 2.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 53
  • WC Ambanja healthy.jpg
    WC Ambanja healthy.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I received this boy from a supplier that I will not even mention as he was sold to me under false pretense. They did not care whatsoever about his health or well-being, to say the least. He came in the worst condition that I have ever seen a chameleon, WC or otherwise. He was loaded with parasites, fairly common amongst WC Chams, but the volume he was carrying blew my mind. Worse(yes worse), he was afflicted with a respiratory infection that had progressed to pneumonia and a gastrointestinal infection, as well as numerous abrasions. The abrasions presented themselves as rather benign, except that which was on his rostral process. But he had arrived drenched in the foulest smelling feces you could possibly imagine(some of it appeared to be old and caked on). Because of this, two extremely minor wounds on his knees developed severe infections. At first I thought they were thermal burns, but this was impossible due to his basking temp being roughly 88-89 degrees, not to mention there was no evidence of burning anywhere else on his body. As such I had to delicately remove small amounts of the tissue and apply polysporin to the infected areas until they healed over. He will have small scars there for the remainder of his life. Also his dorsal spines appear to have been either eaten down by crickets left in his enclosure or severely damaged. His Vet bills were heavy(euthanasia was suggested by some). But after 2 cycles of fenbendazole, 2 cycles of enrofloxacin, and a cycle of ceftazidime(sub-dermal injections on such small animals are never fun), and a ton of TLC, he finally seems to be doing great. So I thought I would share some pics with you. Hope you enjoy.

What a nightmare. I am so, so glad you didn’t give up on him! Your hard work has more than paid off!

Thank you for not giving up, he's beautiful! I can only imagine how tough this process has been for you, hopefully it's all in the past now, and you get to enjoy lots of years with him!

You have tremendous compasiion!! He looks good!! I've seen a fair share of wc come in and none I've came across were that bad....that is terrible keeping!! Where did you get him??

Back
Top Bottom