Ways to save money?

vladdimir26

Our cricket bills are going over the roof! I have been trying to breed my own but brown crickets are hard to breed. with over 27$ for 250 crickets every month is scaring me :( My guy eats about 10 adult size crickets everyday. is there any way I can save some money? I really wanna feed them every other day about 8 crickets but I don't know if this would be cruel.(he is about 5-6 months old) I love my chameleon to death and it really scares me that I wont be able to take care of him because the feeding expenses. Feeding is the only thing that is a lot of money to keep constantly spending. everything else like calc, uvb, etc is affordable

Our cricket bills are going over the roof! I have been trying to breed my own but brown crickets are hard to breed. with over 27$ for 250 crickets every month is scaring me :( My guy eats about 10 adult size crickets everyday. is there any way I can save some money? I really wanna feed them every other day about 8 crickets but I don't know if this would be cruel.(he is about 5-6 months old) I love my chameleon to death and it really scares me that I wont be able to take care of him because the feeding expenses. Feeding is the only thing that is a lot of money to keep constantly spending. everything else like calc, uvb, etc is affordable

He needs a large variety of feeders. Not just crickets. I order crickets from the cricket farm for 1000 shipped for $18.00.

It is easy to breed Dubia roaches. If you get a glass tank with a screen lid you can buy bulk adult dubia's and as long as they are warm and have food they will breed well. I have a colony i have had for 2 years i never have to buy feeders. They are very easy to breed, they do all the work. put cardboard in and you can get water crystals for water so they don't drown. then they pretty much eat scraps.

This is what i have trouble with but i started ordering bigger bulk I order 1000 at a time try seeing how much shipping is with premiumcrickets for u

My question is why are you having such a hard time breeding crickets? Throw a tub full of moist organic dirt keep it moist not wet wait 7 days take it out put it in its own bin with a light on it 75w house light , don't put the soil directly under the light keep moist for another 7-10 days and you'll have pinheads hatching all over there's a lot of stuff all over to read and help you out as well as a lot of YouTube videos as well super worms are also super easy to breed I can't say on silk worms as I'm just starting out on those so time will tell

Im pretty sure I spend more money on food in one day for them than on myself the whole month. Between the feeders and gut loads. I usually shop once a month only but its steep. Sorry no help there :D my advice buy more than 200 your killing yourself right there. Your just going to have to actually do more work and care for crickets longer and you will save money but its more time and labor dirty and stinky but you do save lots of money.

As Jann said $18 shipped that should last you a whole month if not longer. Make sure they are about 1/2s and you ll have them that long if you care for them properly. I know that for a fact. since I feed over 20 animals on 1000 count for a whole month.

27 dollars a month??? Thats under a dollar a day...REALLYYYYYYY??? Thats dirt cheap as it is! take jann's advice....you will be close to .50 cents a day :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom