Way too many dubia roaches...

EveryGreen

Established Member
Looking for ideas/suggestions on how to sell my Dubia roaches, if anyone wants them. I have far too many for just one chameleon, never going to eat them all. NO mites NO mold.

Attachments

• 1B223378-9788-4904-9BA8-96C699A53E95.jpeg
    1B223378-9788-4904-9BA8-96C699A53E95.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 0A773911-6922-4472-96E4-4EC58CBEF597.jpeg
    0A773911-6922-4472-96E4-4EC58CBEF597.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 118
  • E7FCA59A-BC03-445D-94C1-5A2A83890C84.jpeg
    E7FCA59A-BC03-445D-94C1-5A2A83890C84.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 102
Man I wish I had this problem... lol how long did it take for you to establish your colony? I have 20 females and 10 males on the way cus my larger ones are taking forever to mature. Any tips on how to speed their growth/reproduction up?

Man I wish I had this problem... lol how long did it take for you to establish your colony? I have 20 females and 10 males on the way cus my larger ones are taking forever to mature. Any tips on how to speed their growth/reproduction up?
Yes, if you live in a cold place, a heat pad and fiberglass to keep them breeding during the winter, my first babies were on dec, 25, 2019. I started out with probably 10 females and 5-6 males. It’s all a waiting game, don’t feed them off to your chameleon too fast.

Heat and food

I would be willing to sell them, I just need suggestions of how to go about doing that.

Basically, you just want a large enough container(taped shut so it doesn't bust open during shipment) with ventilation and some egg carton or paper towel for them to cling onto. Then put that in a box and ship priority usps. I like to put a small hole in the box too for added ventilation. Be aware of low temps this time of year(around 45+ usually nothing to worry about)

Also, pack the box with whatever so the container isn't banging around.

Basically, you just want a large enough container(taped shut so it doesn't bust open during shipment) with ventilation and some egg carton or paper towel for them to cling onto. Then put that in a box and ship priority usps. I like to put a small hole in the box too for added ventilation. Be aware of low temps this time of year(around 45+ usually nothing to worry about)

Also, pack the box with whatever so the container isn't banging around.
So I do not have to worry about extra heating for them this time of year? Do I have to clarify that I am shipping live insects to USPS?

My discoids were barely reproducing until I made them a bioactive bin...cocoa coir/organic soil mix with isopods and dwarf white isopods and some cork bark to hide under. Now I’m at surplus.

My discoids were barely reproducing until I made them a bioactive bin...cocoa coir/organic soil mix with isopods and dwarf white isopods and some cork bark to hide under. Now I’m at surplus.
I had the same experience with discoids! The blaberus and eublaberus roaches in general seem to greatly benefit from substrate and a naturalistic set up.

Looking for ideas/suggestions on how to sell my Dubia roaches, if anyone wants them. I have far too many for just one chameleon, never going to eat them all. NO mites NO mold.
If you mean marketing/advertising for sale, there's a classified forum here:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/forums/#chameleon-classifieds.32

One chameleon is exactly why I didn't want to breed them. Fortunately, now that my beardie woke up from brumation, he's going through about 10 every other day. Num-num-num-num-num! :hungry:

So I do not have to worry about extra heating for them this time of year? Do I have to clarify that I am shipping live insects to USPS?
Just an FYI, for a lot of other roach species you need a permit to move them across state lines. But dubia no longer need a permit (I think the USDA got sick of permits for the same species over and over)

Back
Top Bottom