Wax worms

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
Hey, so I was planning on feeding off wax moths instead of the wax worms because I heard wax worms use up a lot of their fat when they turn into moths?? Also they hardly move and when they are moths Stormy might like them better.

but anyway, I have separated the remaining ones into two groups. Which are pupated and which are dead??? The ones on the left or the ones on the right?? (Also Ewww why do they have to wiggle even when they are in chrysalis form it’s just gross)
image.jpg

Edit: whoops sorry took it sideways, so is the top group or bottom group pupated?

Beman never liked the wax moths I think because they are soooo tiny... But I have some pupating now to try with Bane.

I don't bother to feed mine... They normally pupate pretty quickly after I get them. But I buy them for 5 cents a piece at my local pet store and only about 12 at a time too lol.
Well apparently these guys needed to be fed something... almost all of them died!!

I just hand fed 2 wax worms just to put them out of their misery... (also because I still needed to hand feed today, I’m on a schedule for gaining trust)

I just hand fed 2 wax worms just to put them out of their misery... (also because I still needed to hand feed today, I’m on a schedule for gaining trust)
This was how I hand fed Beman when he was little wax worms were his favorite! He would get 1-2 each day by hand. No more then that though. When they are babies it is one thing to utilize them in hand feeding not as they mature though. Too much fat.

This was how I hand fed Beman when he was little wax worms were his favorite! He would get 1-2 each day by hand. No more then that though. When they are babies it is one thing to utilize them in hand feeding not as they mature though. Too much fat.
Yeah I know. He only has wax worms maybe a couple every 1 or 2 weeks in average

I keep waxworms in a mix of oatmeal and the bran buggie mix, mixed together with honey. They do pupate pretty quickly. In your pic, the bottom ones are dead. The moths aren’t active enough to have gotten my cham’s attention. I’ve been trying to breed them since last winter with poor results. My leopard gecko’s love them...they get their ‘candy worms’ after they eat their other feeders.

I keep waxworms in a mix of oatmeal and the bran buggie mix, mixed together with honey. They do pupate pretty quickly. In your pic, the bottom ones are dead. The moths aren’t active enough to have gotten my cham’s attention. I’ve been trying to breed them since last winter with poor results. My leopard gecko’s love them...they get their ‘candy worms’ after they eat their other feeders.
Ok, thanks! He (my chameleon) may not like them, but I’ll try the moths anyways.

Back
Top Bottom