watering chameleons

owowsedthecow

im going to be getting my first chameleon soon and wanted to hear everyones method of getting water to their chameleons. im not sure if i should get a dripper a mister or just use a spray bottle so please share you knowledge with me.

all of the above.

to make sure your cham is well hydrated.

having a dripper and hand mist throughout the day for a few minutes each time.

it helps to have well foilaged cages with live plants like ficus and umbrella plants to retain the water droplets when the dripper starts and when you mist.

chameleons lick off the water droplets on the leaves

Yeah, what Ace said.

The important thing is to get your drainage set up so that you can water to your little heart's content.

If you can afford it get A mist king.It takes the worring out of keeping your cham hydrated. The basic set with 1 head and the timer will do fine. and there expandable as your chameleon addiction progress's

hmm well how could i make a simple drainage system? i looked up a couple of post on here and alot of them seem pretty complicated.im a newbie and need to figure out something simple.

hmm well how could i make a simple drainage system? i looked up a couple of post on here and alot of them seem pretty complicated.im a newbie and need to figure out something simple.

Something to raise your cage up enough to slide a simple plastic container under will work. Just make sure that your pan is wide/long enough to catch any overspray or splatter from the water hitting the leaves as it drips. Use the Search option on here, there are a ton of different threads on this subject, and some have some good pictures illustrating how they made theirs.

The easiest thing to do is put your cage over a rubber tub or drawer. Drill a couple of holes in the bottom of the cage so the water drips into the tub. You can buy a rubber storage drawer, cut a hole in the top, put the cage so the holes in the cage bottom are over the hole in the boxtop, and there you go.

Tip: Empty into the toilet on a regular basis. Don't let the drawer get too full or it's tricky to walk with.

yeah when i was browsing through the post i saw some people use the plastic drawers but i also saw they made water trays for the cage i have. i purchased an lll screen cage. has anyone used this before? im leaning more towards the whole drawer thing though. eeek! i cant wait to get my chameleon! talking about setting everything up is making me so impatient!!

I would listen to these guys I've posted a set for my first cham as well and was pointed in the right direction still geting things down as well but this form is very helpful

Back
Top Bottom