waterfall in cage ??

kelsxox

1) Just woundering .. Im in timmins ontario so its pretty cold here & its hard to keep up the humidity levels so i was woundering if i could put in a little waterfall in her cage if i keep it fresh & clean everyday ? So it would 'up' the himidity levels ?

2) I was also woundering ive heard of people giving there chams showers or sweats ? How would i do thiss ?? & when should i not give my cham one of theese , are there any risks ?

The waterfall thing is controversial but if you keep it up and clean everyday yeah then it wouldn't hurt! Give it a vinegar soak once a month and rinse it well to get all the smell gone

For the shower thing just find a large live or fake plant to put in the shower point the shower head at the wall so just a mist hits the plant and peas the Cham for 20-30min
Or throw him on your head and multi-task lol

1) Just woundering .. Im in timmins ontario so its pretty cold here & its hard to keep up the humidity levels so i was woundering if i could put in a little waterfall in her cage if i keep it fresh & clean everyday ? So it would 'up' the himidity levels ?

2) I was also woundering ive heard of people giving there chams showers or sweats ? How would i do thiss ?? & when should i not give my cham one of theese , are there any risks ?

You are asking for trouble asking this question, lol.

Waterfalls are looked down upon because they are breeding grounds for bacteria.. if you can change the water on a daily basis and wont get tired, and can keep an eye out for feces in the water at all times, then there may be a chance you can make it work. Its more trouble than its worth.

As far as keeping the humidity up, if you have a screen cage, you can just cover 3 sides with plastic and that'll help you. You can also use a fogger/humidifier to help you raise humidity levels.

Showers are fairly simple. Just put a plant in your shower and aim the nozzle at a shower wall. Have the water be luke warm and it should bounce off of the wall onto the plant. leave the cham in ther for 15-20 minutes. you can do this plenty. If my chams seem dehydrated I do it 2x a day for a few days.

on a side note totally off subject back in 99 i had a pregant female panther was waiting on her to lay had to leave for the weekend figured wtf but a waterfall in just for a weekend til i got back late sunday night get home all is well atleast that s what i thought until i removed the waterfall went to pour the water out in the sink and she had laid the eggs in the back res of the water fall total bummer but leason learned never looked twice at one since for all the above reasons and my owm personal scar

What are your humidity levels?
The amount of effort in up keeping a waterfall far outways the benifits, and you wont be able to be 100% its absolutely clean and safe.
The cham could use it for poo at any time. Right after you cleaned it even, and then are you just going to pull it right back out and clean it again?
There are much better ways to keep humidity up IMO.
The waterfall is not going to effect humidity all that much anyways.
Theres just no good reason to use one.

What are your humidity levels?
The amount of effort in up keeping a waterfall far outways the benifits, and you wont be able to be 100% its absolutely clean and safe.
The cham could use it for poo at any time. Right after you cleaned it even, and then are you just going to pull it right back out and clean it again?
There are much better ways to keep humidity up IMO.
The waterfall is not going to effect humidity all that much anyways.
Theres just no good reason to use one.
You've all left great comments & thats pretty funy hotdirt823 ...

Solidsnake what can i get to measure the humity level ? .. Im gonna do what vieldchams said and put plastoc wrap on 3 walls

Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier 1 Gallon range $25-$100

41JxePBGdpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is what I use.$25 Its worth it to me. The waterproof wireless remote gets placed in cage where ever you want and it'll read the temps and humidity. There are plenty to pick and choose just make sure its digital.
61ZCEZtH-kL._AA1000_.jpg

Just stay away from analogs, the kind with a needle and dial.
Get an electric one. You can get them at pet stores, walmart homedepot, ect...

Back
Top Bottom