Water

Sorry for the many replies - you respond just as quickly as I hit post. This is my guys temporary setup. Ideally i think I would give him a little more foliage uptop where the small plant is - but he seems to like it how it is.

DA0CEBC2-DD92-4DCA-B483-C7A084D581F2.jpeg

flash cage.jpg

this is mine for my panther. theres no perfect set up but yours def needs more vines and plants. my bottom is bare. its elevated with holes drilled for draining. veileds will eat plants.leaves etc. so whatever you add has to be safe and will be munched on. ill have to get a few better pics. but its just an example

Ok, thanks, I am planning on getting rid of the wood chips, and adding more leaves and branches, I was telling my dad that he needs sticks like horizontal and vertical. I also plan on making the basking spot higher, anything thing else you think I need. Where do you get those vines?

Last edited:
Ok, thanks, I am planning on getting rid of the wood chips, and adding more leaves and branches, I was telling my dad that he needs sticks like horizontal and vertical. I also plan on making the basking spot higher, anything thing else you think I need.

You can get Flukers vines on Amazon for $2-5. I really like them. You can use small zip ties around the plastic corners of your enclosure to create anchors and loops for you to run the vines through. So you can create zig zagging vines at different levels for them to climb on. You can also zip tip lighter plants to the sides (small 3" pots... too big/heavy and it might cause issues). In my reptibreeze cages that is waht I did, then I cleaned a few sticks from outside and laid it diagonally and weaved one or two through the vines and plant for support.

Ok, thanks, I am planning on getting rid of the wood chips, and adding more leaves and branches, I was telling my dad that he needs sticks like horizontal and vertical. I also plan on making the basking spot higher, anything thing else you think I need. Where do you get those vines?
basking site should be about 8" from the light. you may need a temp gun (about $15-20) to make sure your hitting the right temp. make sure you get vines that are different thicknesses. flukers makes a really thin one and a thicker one i have both. plus i have a ladder that people use in bird cages. my guy loves it.

I don’t think thst the cage is acceptable, but my dad said it was fine.
Sorry but dad's very wrong in this case. There's quite a bit that needs doing here that will hit his wallet quite hard.

Others have already mentioned some of these before I came back to your post so no point in repeating things.

I suggest that you are really nice to your dad starting now.

I have some stuff but I’m not sure if it is good...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 48
You need to get a good UVB light ASAP as the coiled bulb in your dual dome light is not enough. This is an urgent item. You need at least a T8 10% UVB tube light or a T5HO such as Arcadia with 6% UVB.

You need also to add loads of vines and real plants such as pothos. Ideally you should need to look to find your cham as he/she should be able to hide. Plants also help keep humidity up and allow the little guy to drink from water drops on the leaves when you mist.

Please take a look at the basic care sheets available on here. These help you to understand the bare essentials that a cham needs.

Here are some things you need to know. A091DD30-BB2A-4BC3-9ED8-B9E5E791E70C.jpeg.jpg 6BD9A7E6-A321-47A8-8832-234166C07EC3.jpeg.jpg 1A963FF6-04DE-4318-9C6C-5023EC902078.jpeg.jpg 6FDA7F15-D4AF-47B7-BEAA-D901B1E180FB.jpeg.jpg

Ok, I’m rly sorry for asking so many questions, but could you help me find the uvb light. I was having trouble finding one that fit my 16x16x30 cage. I feel such a noob. I brought the repticalcuim with d3 and he herptivite stuff in the not recommended carogory.

Don't feel bad about your questions, it is good that you want the best for your guy! Its definitely a learning experience. What kind of cham did you get? You'll need to bump up the cage size in a few months (you can find larger, used Reptibreeze on craigslist all day long)... so I wouldn't spend a fortune on lighting for a 15" cage when you'll likely be looking for 24" soon. You can get something bigger and let the light hang over the sides for now until you get the larger cage.

Don't feel bad about your questions, it is good that you want the best for your guy! Its definitely a learning experience. What kind of cham did you get? You'll need to bump up the cage size in a few months (you can find larger, used Reptibreeze on craigslist all day long)... so I wouldn't spend a fortune on lighting for a 15" cage when you'll likely be looking for 24" soon. You can get something bigger and let the light hang over the sides for now until you get the larger cage.
So is there a uvb light that fits in a 16 inch cage?

maybe ... but you'll send a lot of money on it and need to get a bigger cage in 3 months or so... which means you'd need a bigger light. Or, you could just have the shorter UVB light up part of the cage and have basking and maybe a plant light on the other side to make up for the lack of light. If it were me, I'd get a 24" light so that it will work for both. The little bit of overhang on both sides isn't a big deal and you can put another plant near the cage to take advantage of it.

Back
Top Bottom