Water

vangarret2000

Does a product like this, for fish water, remove calcium from water or just chlorine? I am just looking for a way to stop mineral build up on my mister system without having to pay for distilled water to fill it.

Also just a pic of my chameleon for the heck of it.

Typically, water "conditioners" for fish remove chloramines, chlorine, ammonia, etc. Not calcium. I can't read the label on that product, but it should say specifically if it buffers hardness or not. To remove or reduce calcium you would need to filter your water to reduce the mineral content or soften it to neutralize the hardness. If you don't want to buy demineralized or distilled water and you don't have a house water softener, your other option is to install a small Reverse Osmosis filter on one of your faucets and fill the misters from that. RO filters are really worth the investment if you have high water requirement pets like chams.

Typically, water "conditioners" for fish remove chloramines, chlorine, ammonia, etc. Not calcium. I can't read the label on that product, but it should say specifically if it buffers hardness or not. To remove or reduce calcium you would need to filter your water to reduce the mineral content or soften it to neutralize the hardness. If you don't want to buy demineralized or distilled water and you don't have a house water softener, your other option is to install a small Reverse Osmosis filter on one of your faucets and fill the misters from that. RO filters are really worth the investment if you have high water requirement pets like chams.

How much would one of those cost?

Back
Top Bottom