Water in my chameleon's eye?

Has anyone's chameleon ever had water dripped into their eye on accident? I had a very weird experience tonight with my 4 month old Panther chameleon as I was getting him ready for bed..

Not sure what you mean. Chameleons regularly allow water to enter their eye turrets and use it to clean their eyes, by rubbing them against the inside of the turrets.

Has anyone's chameleon ever had water dripped into their eye on accident? I had a very weird experience tonight with my 4 month old Panther chameleon as I was getting him ready for bed..
Is there a handle anywhere near by??

If so grab hold and GET A GRIP aha

No worry,that happen when u mist ur cham ,and if the water did get in with the eyes ,They usually temporary close their eyes ,swish around the whole eye turret ,eventually the eye will open again...Im trying to picture ur story,maybe ur dripper had water drop accidentally drop in his eyes??

I should have explained better, I was in a panic. He was rolling his eye around inside of his eye lid and it was bulging a bit. I have looked it up and it seems he was just cleaning his eye. I just did not know it looked like that and it completely freaked me out.

Yea the first time I saw this I was freaked out too. Looks painful doesn't it. I kinda wish I could do it just to weird folks out.

Back
Top Bottom