Water Crystals

I use something that is like that - it is called SoilMoist. I've been using it for years and I don't think it has any negative impact on anything. Just make sure it doesn't have fertilizer or anything in it, some of the SoilMoist packages come with fertilizer crystals, so I just buy the regular stuff.

Caution when using water crystals

A word of caution on using water crystals, make sure you never accidentally get a dried up water crystal in your feeder cup. Many chams have died by ingesting a water crystal that swelled up and impacted them.

A word of caution on using water crystals, make sure you never accidentally get a dried up water crystal in your feeder cup. Many chams have died by ingesting a water crystal that swelled up and impacted them.

Great point! I usually clean out the feeder cup after each feeding, but I will definitely make sure nothing gets in there when transferring the crickets in. Thanks for the tip!

Try Nature Zone Total Bites. Not only will your feeders get moisture from them, but also some gutloading as well. Kill two birds with one stone.

Back
Top Bottom