water/bleach ratio for branches

it says 1:32 ratio i made mine 1:15 ratio so it is twice as strong i hope it dont kill my chameleon.i soaked the branches in water and left them out in the rain yesterday that should be enough to rinse off the bleach.

I suggest baking instead of playing with chemicals as it leaves no residue.

I use 350 degrees, for 15 minutes or so. Have a seat in view of the oven ;)

i have nothing to bake them in,they are about 3ft.

they were dry then i put them in the cage and sprayed them.

water/bleach

Baking does work well if the piece will fit in the oven. The high heat kills anything. If it won't fit in an oven do the bleach method. It does not take much bleach to kill bacteria. A couple of drops of bleach in a well or cistern will kill the bad stuff and keep it safe for drinking. A weak bleach solution sprayed on the branches and left on for 10 minutes will kill everything bad. Spray it off really well and let it dry in the sun. Bleach degrades quickly into harmless components when mixed with water. I am going to be doing a major cage cleaning project today. I'm going to clean about ten cages, all the manzanita wood climbing branches in them and any potted plants I decide to use again. I use a bleach/water solution and rinse it off well. I do this on my patio. The bleach/water solution runs directly off into my flower beds. I've done this for years and never killed a plant as long as I rinse them off after I clean the cages. Just rinse, rinse, rinse...........

I clean my cages like I cook.......I don't measure anything. I cleaned 10 total cage set-ups yesterday. For the cages and potted plants I use a bucket. I just fill a bucket full of water and add maybe 1/4 cup of beach per bucket. I add some dish soap too. For my Manzanita wood branches.....I filled a big Rubbermaid tote with water and added about a cup of bleach. The branches are too long to be all submerged at once. I soak one half of the branch for 15 minutes and then soak the other half for 15 minutes. Then I rinse with the hose and a jet spray really well and let them dry. I've done this process for years. Just rinse really well with a strong spray.

water/bleach ratio

You can mix bleach with dish soap. I've cleaned my lizard cages with that combo for over a decade. It's things like PineSol (spelling?) or Comet cleanser that you can't mix it with. Those things cause a chemical reaction with bleach) It's very effective with ordinary dish soap though. Just like bleach is very effective when combined with laundry soap in the washer :)

Back
Top Bottom