WARNING, GRAPHIC PHOTOS—i inadvertently caused the death of one of my Carpet chams

I put a water crystal in a bowl of water for 2 days .. wondering if it would expand further . Never grew or dissolved a bit ... only the color dissapated .

They have a limit to what they will absorb...after that, they just exist in the liquid pretty much like the liquid...which is why the color will dissipate, it's like dumping a bit of food coloring in the middle of a cup of water, eventually it will spread through the whole cup simply because the molecules of water are in motion.

Wow...Sorry to hear about your loss. But, on a positive note, when I was in the Marine Corps, there was a saying a saying that was commonly used its aviation community. It was, all safety related procedures, rules, and regulations were written in blood. Basically, it took a fatal accident or incident to change the way things were done in common practice. We can also use this incident of what not to do in caring for our chameleons. Leaving cricket cubes in your cage can be fatal that your chameleon. I now know not to do this, but we couldn't have known this without your loss. Lemon RIP buddy!

wow, sorry about your loss but thank you for posting and sharing! you may have saved my chameleons life!

my baby panther hasnt been eating lately, i been having to feed him oxbow carnivore care witha syringe. i'm still offering all types of bugs in bowls in hi cage hoping he'll go after them. but since he's not eating the baby crickets i put a small flukers orange cube in the bowl so the crickets dont just die..

now i know NOT to do that.

Back
Top Bottom