Wanting to make my own raindome

Oh and hoj my stereo is by no meams competition level lol just daily driver firing from the trunk of my cavalier wit 1 15" L7 first and only stereo ive built. Been thru 3 or 4 different box designs tho lol. Right now i think its a lil over 4 cube ft port tuned to 32hz. Pushing it with audiopipe 1800. 158db is some serious ass shiz tho lol

Starting to feel lazy about the whole thing honestly so just might opt out for the raindome. I just really want something that will provide water while im at work instead of him only getting misted once or twice 2hrs b4 his lights shut off. I really liked the way the raindome makes that natural feel rain from top of the cage. Now to figure out a good way to drain excess water from the bottom of cage

Starting to feel lazy about the whole thing honestly so just might opt out for the raindome. I just really want something that will provide water while im at work instead of him only getting misted once or twice 2hrs b4 his lights shut off. I really liked the way the raindome makes that natural feel rain from top of the cage. Now to figure out a good way to drain excess water from the bottom of cage

LOL! DIY projects always seem great.. Till it comes time to do it. Then the stores sound better ;)

You will love the raindome. I only have DIY raindomes but they are pretty much awesome. I found my animals started to drink instantly instead of taking awhile to "accept" the misting. Urates were much whiter as well.

As for drainage.. What do you currently have your cage on? I have used a few different types of shelves. I just bout one of those big metal storage shelves and like that the best. I've also used plastic shelving and wood. The basic idea is, drill a hole in the middle of your cage bottom. Then line it up with a much bigger whole in the plastic or wood shelf (the metal ones are all slitted so its much easier) and then have a bin directly underneath your hole and bam.. you've got drainage! You can also chalk your cage bottom edges to make sure all the water goes exactly where you want it.

Currently its sitting on top of one of my nightstands with a piece visqueen under it. Ive been thinking about building a little shelf or something for it prolly go with what you said and put a bin underneath it

Currently its sitting on top of one of my nightstands with a piece visqueen under it. Ive been thinking about building a little shelf or something for it prolly go with what you said and put a bin underneath it
I built a PVC stand for my 2x2x4' enclosure.

My drainage system is big pot saucer. I drilled holes on the bottom of my enclosures white pvc base so the water drips down into the saucer. Then, I have a washing machine tray to capture the water that roll off the sides of the mesh. Water + wood is a nightmare! So i've been sticking with plastic. I also hot glued some plastic on the bottom so the water doesn't splash out the sides and get all over my table. The water that goes into the washing machine tray gets soaked up by a rag/sponge. It came with an adapter so i could connect a hose for easy drainage, i'm just too lazy to set it up :)

Here's a few pics of my set up, not the best but it gets the job done.

go to youtube and type in...panther chameleon rain system. that was my old set up and it worked great and was super cheap. i got the pump from harbor freight.

Back
Top Bottom