Walkway in the cage

Tough to get it tight enough so when they walk they don't end up upside-down. If you don't mind the look, electrical wire comes in all colors and the bigger sizes will support big Chams. Check out your hardware store.

Nick

I would not use it. Unless it's pulled very taught, it seems to have a life of it's own once the chameleon grabs it. Meaning that it "flips" around and the cham always seems to end up hanging upside down on it. The artificial vines have that tension already built in.

The rope that I'm talking about is really think and has a little weight to it...so I don't think it should twist and turn like those little thin ropes

The rope that I'm talking about is really think and has a little weight to it...so I don't think it should twist and turn like those little thin ropes

You'd be surprised. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's heavy. I actually use rope to keep my cham ON his vine.

First Pic is an overhead shot of his vines.

The second pic is what I call "The end of the line" shot.

Attachments

• VinesOverheadShot.JPG
    VinesOverheadShot.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 161
  • VinesEndoftheLine.JPG
    VinesEndoftheLine.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 199
Other than it's lack of stability, it is a PITA to clean. About the only way you can clean it 100% is to pull it and let it soak in bleach.

Ropes get mildewy and moldy unless you clean it alot. I would suggest finding some nice branches outdoors and cleaning them well.

I went a bought 1 jungle vine and 5 pieces of bamboo sticks.. Will that make good enough walkways in the cage plus he has an 4 foot schefflera

Back
Top Bottom