Vomit

Juliana

hello everyone I have a 8 month old veiled who had had a lot of problems. He has refused to eat live feeders for 5 months so so I’ve been hand feeding his reptiboost mixed with his vitamins and cricket flour. It has worked for the past months. Tonight after I fed him I put him back in his cage and left him alone. When I came back upstairs a few hours later I noticed that he vomited all over his cage all the stuff that I just fed him :( I also noticed when I was cleaning it up that there was pieces of either a superworm or a pupated darkiling beetle which i know is toxic) in his vomit. I am very confused though because I haven’t fed him live insects in months. I have offered them to him and he doesn’t go for them. I am wondering if you guys could help me out with why this happened . Below I have attached a picture (sorry for the gruesomeness)

Attachments

• B83DD44F-7FAA-4CC9-A1F6-2146FF1FCA7E.jpeg
    B83DD44F-7FAA-4CC9-A1F6-2146FF1FCA7E.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 107
  • BA4FA7D0-A899-49D0-B9A8-C0F090184F61.jpeg
    BA4FA7D0-A899-49D0-B9A8-C0F090184F61.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 71
hello everyone I have a 8 month old veiled who had had a lot of problems. He has refused to eat live feeders for 5 months so so I’ve been hand feeding his reptiboost mixed with his vitamins and cricket flour. It has worked for the past months. Tonight after I fed him I put him back in his cage and left him alone. When I came back upstairs a few hours later I noticed that he vomited all over his cage all the stuff that I just fed him :( I also noticed when I was cleaning it up that there was pieces of either a superworm or a pupated darkiling beetle which i know is toxic) in his vomit. I am very confused though because I haven’t fed him live insects in months. I have offered them to him and he doesn’t go for them. I am wondering if you guys could help me out with why this happened . Below I have attached a picture (sorry for the gruesomeness)
Please fill out the ask for help form (there’s a link in my signature below). Post a pic of his cage and himself, as well. Were there any feeders that could’ve escaped into his cage from his feeding dish (or ones he didn’t get if you free range your feeders)? I’m not sure darkling beetles are toxic, maybe someone else can chime in on that. If they are, maybe that’s why he threw up. Or he was stressed from force feeding him. Or something else. Do you have an exotics vet with cham experience near you.

Back
Top Bottom