Vitamins anyone have a bearded dragon

Meg4433

Established Member
my chameleon died. I decided to get a bearded dragon. Does anyone know the vitamin schedule for the bearded dragon.

Any reason you don't want to get back with chams? I just want to make sure you aren't rushing or blaming yourself for something out of your control. As for as vitamin schedule for beardeds I do know of one, have you checked out the bearded dragon forums? The only reason I recommend that honestly is because of some of things beardies are more prone to etc.

As far as vitamins for them I would honestly do repashy calcium plus a couple times a week and then calcium regularly otherwise.

I gave it a lot of thought. I am already loving my new guy. I decided not to go with the chameleon. I haven't found a bearded dragon forum. I am looking on sites and they say different things about the vitamins.

I supplemented/dusted the insects for my beardies exactly the way I do for chameleons...phosphorous-free calcium at almost every feeding, twice a month with a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder and twice a month with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. I fed the insects the same too...dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, carrots, berries, pears, apples, melon, etc.

I used Repti-sun 5.0 long linear UVB tube lights and regular incandescent household bulbs for basking.

Beardies suffer from most of the same things chameleons do...MBD, etc.

I supplemented/dusted the insects for my beardies exactly the way I do for chameleons...phosphorous-free calcium at almost every feeding, twice a month with a phosphorous-free calcium/D3 powder and twice a month with a vitamin powder that contains a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. I fed the insects the same too...dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, squash, sweet potato, sweet red pepper, carrots, berries, pears, apples, melon, etc.

I used Repti-sun 5.0 long linear UVB tube lights and regular incandescent household bulbs for basking.

Beardies suffer from most of the same things chameleons do...MBD, etc.
Thank you so much. I really needed clarity. I am gonna do that. He's about 2 and a half months. I am enjoying him a lot.

I use the same schedule for all 3 supplements. Dust light!ly...you don't want crickets that look like ghosts.

This is the best dragon forum: https://www.beardeddragon.org/index.php it's where I go for all my dragon questions.

Don't forget us here if you ever decide to have another cham!! We would be happy to help you get everything all set up perfectly so you would have a much better experience, and never buy from a pet store!

Good luck with your dragon, they are great!

my chameleon died. I decided to get a bearded dragon. Does anyone know the vitamin schedule for the bearded dragon.
Hi their the schedule is same for beardies as chameleons , Lights as well temps are a bit warmer . This is the site beardeddragon.org . There's lots of us over there too (y). I'm very sorry to hear you lost your baby .

Hi their the schedule is same for beardies as chameleons , Lights as well temps are a bit warmer . This is the site beardeddragon.org . There's lots of us over there too (y). I'm very sorry to hear you lost your baby .
Thank you that makes it easy. Thanks for the site. Do you know if small Dubai roaches are ok to feed to a 2 1/2 month old.

That is correct, www.beardeddragon.org. I use this forum a lot under the same username.
I am actually more familiar with beardies than chameleons, and I'm very sorry to hear about your loss

I know this wasn't asked but I need to clarify - They need a 10.0 UVB light, not a 5.0 as they need desert levels of sun/uvb exposure. I use a halogen indoor flood lamp for basking bulbs. I've never seen anything about incandescent, but I figured there's a reason why. You can get a 3pack of 65w indoor flood lights for generally $10 at retail stores, much cheaper than basking bulbs from pet stores and they last longer.

The rule of thumb for beardie feeders is no bigger than the space between the eyes, not including soft bodied worms. Small dubias should be fine for a young beardie, just make good judgement on the size comparison.

The vitamins/supplements are generally the same schedule. Adults don't need as much calcium as babies, and they also switch to a heavy veggie diet. Once an adult, I generally offer dusted feeders once every 2-3 days opposed to a baby needing 2-3 live insect feedings a day with one of those feedings being dusted.

One thing I want to clarify beardies need 10.0 uvb . Their Desert species . Nutritionally they can have all that a chameleon can have . As a baby you need to be feeding 2/3 times daily . They eat upwards of 40 bugs daily . Lights is very important to be correct because they do not show signs of MBD for months even years . In that aspects they are not like chameleons . They also thrive with attention .

Back
Top Bottom