Viserion, The "Ice Dragon" :)

On the way home from the vet and we are a super healthy boy! No parasites, we weigh 51 grams, and we are growing like a weed. He attracted all of the girls at the vet so he's a little stud muffin. Here is a picture of him doing a crazy pose in his carrier while waiting for his test results.
20170902_173708.jpg

Last edited:
Do it fast and cover him up completely so he is in the dark. A dark towel works. Talk to the vet first before you uncover him. The vet tech does not need a weight on him before you have discussed everything with the vet. As soon as the vet has examined him, put him right back in the dark crate. The faster you do these stressful things with them, the better.
I took a cover and it did help, thank you! Yesterday he was still recovering from the previous evening's stress, but today we are eating and very active.

It's been a few weeks so I thought I would give an update. Viserion is doing wonderful and growing like a weed! He will be a year old this month. We bought him a fake tree and giving him outside time when the weather is perfect. The first time he freaked for about 5 minutes but it didn't take long for him to love it. He has had his first dose of D3/multivitamin and we are spacing his next dose out since he has gotten more outside time lately. Tonight he had his first hornworm and he loved it! It is always nice to not have an insect thrown at us :p Yay we have a worm he loves! All urates have been solid white and poops look wonderful (and he is regular to say the least). We set up a nanny cam I can access anytime so I monitor that his misting goes off on time. He has no problem moving onto our hands when we move him from his viv to his outside tree and I am thrilled he doesn't mind being handled when necessary. Here is a video from his nanny cam:
https://alfred.camera/tv/SyNBtQN5b
He still eats like a champ, even from our hands. Here is a video of him taking a Dubia from my husband's hand in slow motion:

We have had him over 3 weeks now and limit all handling to only when necessary which he does wonderful with. Here are also some recent pictures of him enjoying outside time. I also submitted one of these pictures to the calendar contest :) More to come soon!
received_1503917249700040.jpeg
20170904_130852-1.jpg
20170904_144239.jpg
2017-09-04 12.13.42.jpg

I am big puffy Viserion! Fear me, hooman! Iz MY tree!

FB_IMG_1505147487346.jpg

Also, a huge shout out to phatjackfarms for the wonderful feeders we received today. They were the first feeder source we ordered from and we received them so fast and in excellent condition. Great prices, too! ♡

I'm so glad to hear that he is doing so well! That video rocks! And the pictures are stunning!! What a gorgeous... Oh sorry handsome boy!!

Thank you! After Proteus, it is so rewarding to know we are being the best cham parents we can be. I owe it all to everyone here, especially the personal attention from @Kristen Wilkins and @Matt Vanilla Gorilla who put up with the gazillion questions I harass them with :LOL:

If anyone is interested in setting up a "nanny cam" in their viv/home that has motion detection, night vision, light on the camera can be remotely activated and deactivated, will record video, you can remotely record video or take still pictures, and has two-way audio all for about $20, send me a private message. I am so glad we set ours up so I know his lights and mist timers are working properly and I know he is eating and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom