vieled stopped eating crickets

danmar26

My baby veiled has been on a cricket strike now going on a week. He is still fond of his meal worms and seems to look for them daily. I know mealworms are not a good staple food. Do I need to be concerned here and what can I do to get him back on crickets? I tried witholding the mealworms for 2 days and he still wouldn't eat his crickets.

i try some different feeders like silkies or hornworms or a couple of waxworms. my veiled always gets bored with feeders so i rotate often:D

Seems like when chams get a taste for supers and meals they tend to prefer them over crickets. I've read a few cases on here and my Guy was like that with supers... they'll break out of it.. I would slow down on mealies, get some supers.

As he's a baby, he'd probably do well with phoenix worms (also called calci-worms). They're a bit more nutritious than the meal worms and not nearly as scary (to me) as the super worms.

I wish my Guy would eat Phoenix worms... even he says "eww, maggots!" AND yea supers are gross and they bite

How warm is the warmest part of the cage?
Is your chameleon acting normally...active, eyes open during the day, etc.?

Warmest part of the cage is 84 under the heat lamp. He seems to be acting normal. He seems to have a faded coloring just like he gets before he sheds, but no signs of shedding. I have a live plant in the cage and mist daily but my humidity seems to hover between 30-35%. Don't know if that would factor into it?

Back
Top Bottom