Vieled cham eye cysts

jenn5734

Hey guys. It's been a minute. Maui is getting big, she'll be a year in October. She's fed gut loaded crickets, with an occasional horn worm. Not often, she's had 1 or 2. We've taken her to the exotic vet near us for her eye issues. She did a fine needle aspiration and it turns out, it's a cyst of dead skin cells and fat cells. She's little still, so as long as it wasn't bothering her there was no need for surgery. I have a medication I put on it daily and it seems to help her rub whatever skin cells she may have in there, out. Her other eye is now getting a cyst. Should I push for surgery? Is she too young? I'm absolutely getting them taken off, I just don't know if she's old enough.

Attachments

• 20210404_152557.jpg
    20210404_152557.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 20210326_170151.jpg
    20210326_170151.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 100
She shouldn’t need surgery.A good chameleon vet should be able to push that bulge over to the edge and right out. Where do you live? I might be able to recommend a good vet.

She shouldn’t need surgery.A good chameleon vet should be able to push that bulge over to the edge and right out. Where do you live? I might be able to recommend a good vet.
She did say it was in a sac so in order to remove it, it would require a surgery. I'm in Michigan, about half an hour from Ann Arbor. Have you ever watched Dr Pimple Popper? Think of it like her having to go in and remove the whole "cyst sac" so it doesn't regrow. That's what the vet told me the problem was, why she couldn't just pop it out.

If it moves it is likely a mucus plug and you should be able to maneuver it to the eye opening and squeeze it out. I’d get a second opinion before surgery, that’s for sure.
It does move pretty freely, but always goes back to the same spot... we only have one exotic vet in our area. I will definitely see if I can find another one before I head for surgery. She's pretty healthy otherwise. She loves being handled, she's chill and loves going outside. Just these eye things are happening and it's irritating me as much as it's irritating her.

There’s a good chameleon vet in Toledo. It would be better to take her on a drive than do surgery. You might be able to push it out yourself with a wet q-tip in a couple different sessions. I’ll get you the Toledo vet info.

There’s a good chameleon vet in Toledo. It would be better to take her on a drive than do surgery. You might be able to push it out yourself with a wet q-tip in a couple different sessions. I’ll get you the Toledo vet info.
Thank you so much. How would I even try to push it out? She's chill, but I don't want to hurt her.

Back
Top Bottom