Vet Visit: Eye Problem

d3s5

Avid Member
Yes, yet ANOTHER chameleon with an eye issue! I took Phineas in today because he was holding his left eye shut on and off and looking at his food from an odd angle. I did extra mistings but it wasn't helping. I took him in today and the vet gave me Triple-B Opthalmic Ointment to apply in his left eye twice a day for 10 days. I will also need to mist him before applying the ointment for him to wash his eyes.

Otherwise, his fecal was clean and he weighs 240 grams. The vet said he was a "little tank." Here are some pictures.

On The Way To The Vet

He HATES being caged. I thought this was a better alternative!

He never wandered off the vines during the 45 minute ride.

Waiting In The Exam Room

I thought since so many chams have had eye issues lately, I would share my experience. The vet said I should see improvement in 3-4 days.

Deb

What supplementation schedule and products do you use. I was speaking to a breeder yesterday who for his panthers now dusts one feeder a month with repashy vitamin A dust. I know vitamin A is a big vitamin for eyes and tongue. I think I am going to start the one feeder vitamin A routine alongside my other supplements.

What supplementation schedule and products do you use. I was speaking to a breeder yesterday who for his panthers now dusts one feeder a month with repashy vitamin A dust. I know vitamin A is a big vitamin for eyes and tongue. I think I am going to start the one feeder vitamin A routine alongside my other supplements.

I use Rapashy Calcium Plus at all his feelings. I asked the vet if he thought it was a Vitamin A deficiency since some people have had problems with that. But he said it definitely wasn't. He raised chams when he was younger so I trust his opinion. I guess I'll know soon enough - if this medicine works or not!

Sorry to hear about the eye problem :(

But those pictures of him in the car is so cute :)

May just be something stuck in the eye then although I would warn against using repashy calcium plus on any more than three feedings a week. I have noticed a lot of people have had problems with using it every feeding with some reporting death.

Apart from his eye he looks amazing though! Hope he gets better soon.

you might want to try using just simple saline solution (contact lens solution) flushes too. If he has something in it, that might help flush whatever is bugging him out... He is a looker too by the way.

Sorry to hear about the eye problem :(

But those pictures of him in the car is so cute :)

Thanks, he's really a neat little guy. I love him so much!

May just be something stuck in the eye then although I would warn against using repashy calcium plus on any more than three feedings a week. I have noticed a lot of people have had problems with using it every feeding with some reporting death.

Apart from his eye he looks amazing though! Hope he gets better soon.

Well, he only eats about twice a week depending on what I offer. He's pretty picky, believe it or not! And yes, the vet thinks he got something stuck in his eye and it got infected. I hope that is the case.

Your guy rides like my guys. :) And they love it! I hope Phineas's eye with be all better real soon

Jann, where do you think I got the idea from? YOU! I was really worried on the way because I didn't know whether he would freak out or wander around the car (it was only him and me in the car). But he just rubs his nose so bad whenever he is contained in anything. As it turns out, it worked like a charm! Thanks!

Truth be told, Phineas FRes 24/7 and there have been several occasions where I've had to take a film of dust bunnies off of him. He wanders around the floor under things when he goes from place to place. He probably got something stuck from that. I know, I know . . . CLEAN THE PLACE UP!

you might want to try using just simple saline solution (contact lens solution) flushes too. If he has something in it, that might help flush whatever is bugging him out... He is a looker too by the way.

Thanks, I had been using that before I took him to the vet. Hopefully this medicine will do the trick! Thanks for the compliment!

Wow! Your guy is so good in the car! Super cute! I've been thinking about trying that if I ever need to take mine on a car ride (and I may if his eye issue doesn't clear up... eye issues... uhg!!!), but I'm a little nervous. Egon has an adventurous spirit!

Just to make you both aware, most contact lens solution has chemicals in it. You need plain human eye wash with nothing in it. I use Collyrium brand if I can get it, other wise I use Bausch+Lomb Eye Wash.

Thanks, I had been using that before I took him to the vet. Hopefully this medicine will do the trick! Thanks for the compliment!

Back
Top Bottom