Very strange Poo, slimy hard

You said..."Well that was my thought, but that would seem common and I am surprised"...

I was mostly kidding!

I was kind of wondering. lol I am like how could she not have seen this if it is common lol. But it does almost make sense..
The fact that nobody has been able to say oh that is bla bla bla is odd. I did see other pics that look similar, but nobody breaks their turds open lol.

I still say sand or dirt....

I see what you are saying, it is a little different in person. The lower Chunk is fused into a solid mass.
The upper is very crystalline in structure, like the yellow in urate. It is like a sand. But to pass it that way the body would have to gather the dirt/sand together. I do not believe they can do this. It makes sense it is waste, but I don’t know if it is a good thing or a bad thing or nothing at all.

I want to ask one more thing, sorry the bathroom enclosure is toooo cool, but have you ever heard a plop/thunk why in the tub...you know...a big turd landing in your bubble bath water?

from what I read, uric acid is poorly water soluble which is why it precipitates out in the form of crystals when in high levels in circulation (like what we see in gout)... it does appear (again, based on some quick reading) that this is pH dependent as well (decreasing solubility w/decreasing pH).
So I wonder if the buildup of it in the urate due to constipation caused it to precipitate/ aggregate out more than normal due to saturation, which is why it is so watery on the outside (ie, it pushes the water "out" and "away")? I wonder if we would see this in other similarly appearing urates of constipated chams.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5512151/

I know this is an article about humans, but some of the biochemistry here might be translatable to other species as well to some extent. Total theory/ guessing here, I'm not an expert nor a vet or doctor.

from what I read, uric acid is poorly water soluble which is why it precipitates out in the form of crystals when in high levels in circulation (like what we see in gout)... it does appear (again, based on some quick reading) that this is pH dependent as well (decreasing solubility w/decreasing pH).
So I wonder if the buildup of it in the urate due to constipation caused it to precipitate/ aggregate out more than normal due to saturation, which is why it is so watery on the outside (ie, it pushes the water "out" and "away")? I wonder if we would see this in other similarly appearing urates of constipated chams.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5512151/

I know this is an article about humans, but some of the biochemistry here might be translatable to other species as well to some extent. Total theory/ guessing here, I'm not an expert nor a vet or doctor.

Not that I'm suggesting gout in this case by any means, I'm simply referring to the buildup of UA in the urate over a period of time prior to excretion

I have no idea how the urinary system works in chams. However, I have to wonder if the longer the urine stays in their bladder if it becomes more concentrated, hence the more orange bits when they haven’t pooped for a while. If it reaches a certain point of concentration, could it then form into the crystals that you’re seeing? The mucous could be a way to somewhat encapsulate it and ease it’s passage? I dunno...just thinking out loud.

Now this makes sense, have you seen this before? a urate bag describes it perfectly.

All the time. I feed my crew only on the weekend. So i always get at at least one poo that looks like yours a week between 3-4 lizards. Its always the same, starts out as white urate, then looks like a funny off color poo. And if you are morbid enough to crack open the bag, it looks like the most painful urate you have ever seen. All crunchy and spiky, and dark yellow./ light orange.

All the time. I feed my crew only on the weekend. So i always get at at least one poo that looks like yours a week between 3-4 lizards. Its always the same, starts out as white urate, then looks like a funny off color poo. And if you are morbid enough to crack open the bag, it looks like the most painful urate you have ever seen. All crunchy and spiky, and dark yellow./ light orange.

Well that describes it exactly. I was morbid enough lol

Back
Top Bottom