Very strange Poo, slimy hard

CasqueAbove

Chameleon Enthusiast
My female "Caly" has , and still seems completely healthy.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled 2 yrs , In my care 1yr 8months?
  • Handling - basically never?
  • Feeding - Since winter, last two months or so, dubia nymphs under 1/2 inch 3 to 4 times a week.(< 9 = @6 large crickets.)
  • Supplements - I very lightly dust with CA no D3. MV every other week Fluker's Reptile vitamin w/ Beta Carotene. This has some D3 but otherwise I do not use D3 an I use solarmeter to keep UV in range 4-1 in enclosure,
  • Watering - Mist 3 min in morning, Fog 3 to 4 times a week. This enclosure is in a master bathroom. there obviously can be times of high humidity. This is why I do not Fog daily.
  • Fecal Description - Usually normal, on occasion they had been slimy or watery , point of post. never tested for pericytes. came from breeder at herp show.
  • History - No history to speak of.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Open type enclosure, 6ft W x 3ft D x 5ft H
  • Lighting - Arcadia 12% 48in (w/soarmeter). UVI 4-1. 65 watt plant bulb for heat 12in away from closest point.
  • Temperature - I use Govee so tracks temp and humidity, basking 80 , avg 72-76, night <68 61max low
  • Humidity -Day time < 50% night 70+, but when fog runs it pours over her making where she is 100%
  • Plants - Lots of live plants, don't know names.
  • Placement - Master Bathroom over inset tub. No traffic to speak of. She usually just comes begging for food when I am in there.
  • Location - Salem Oregon?

Current Problem - As mentioned there have occasionally been watery or slimy poo. I had assumed this was from over hydration, as I was running fog every day.
I had not seen a dropping for about a week, which is a bit long, but they do get lost in the forest.
So she had a very large movement. It was slimy on part, and had something odd in it. Thought I originally thought pericyte and closer exam it looks like just undigested matter.
When I checked the urates, the slimy part, it was hard in side. It was packed with urate crystals.

Here are the photos. Any thoughts. IMG_1249.jpg IMG_1252.jpg IMG_1253.jpg IMG_1255.jpg

Undigested BSFL if I had to place a bet... Per the urate maybe because it took longer between bowel movements... I am not sure.

@ferretinmyshoes do you know?

I have only fed the roaches in the month or so. Super light on supplements. She does eat alot of pathos and ficus
I do wonder if she was constipated.

I have only fed the roaches in the month or so. Super light on supplements. She does eat alot of pathos and ficus
I do wonder if she was constipated.
hmmmm weird... I tagged Dayna so she will know. When was the last time you did a fecal on her? May need to add some soft bodied feeders in for her if she is getting backed up with the roaches.

The top picks I think maybe parts. But not in last . It is like hard crystals
yeah I was referring to the first photo (I should have specified)

I wonder if she got dehydrated at some point (not that anything is pointing to this in your husbandry, and you know more than I do) or if this was buildup from being constipated?

yeah I was referring to the first photo (I should have specified)

I wonder if she got dehydrated at some point (not that anything is pointing to this in your husbandry, and you know more than I do) or if this was buildup from being constipated?

I do wonder about dehydration as her misting was set for 5:30 but now she is asleep by then. It gets dark here early.

Back
Top Bottom