very sad few days for me :(

lilwish

I have pet rats, they are the sweetest little pets. We've had one that was sick but still very playful and eating and drinking so we left her in the cage with the others so she wouldnt be alone, I just kept checking on her. Well saturday night I went in the cage to check on her and clean the cage and found one of our other ones dead in the corner! My little Layla!! I was heart broken, that morning when i feed them I petted her little head and she was trying to get me to hold her but I held the other one instead for a few secs before I had to leave. I feel awful she was one that didnt like to be held very often so I should have known when she was trying to get me to hold her instead of me chasing her out of the house that something was wrong. She showed no signs of anything wrong after I fed them she ran around grabbing all the food from the others that she likes (everyfedding deal) and played with the others before I left!! So when i opened the cage I NEVER expected when i went to get her out of the house to clean the cage that she was going to be behind it dead :(:(
So then after sadly cleaning out the cage I noticed that Killer (the one I had been checking on that was sick) was getting a yucky nose so we decided to kept her our bathroom. Plus I knew she wasent going to make it much longer so I was holding her alot and she would just sit in my lap and on my shoulder as long as I would let her. we saved her from being a feeder rat so she was not a fancy rat and we knew she prob wouldnt live as long as the others but she was the sweetest out of all of them loved to be held!! well yesterday I went into the bathroom for the 100th time to love her and check on her and she was on the toilet she jumped off the toilet to my leg and slid down my leg then ran around my feet to get me to pick her up (i was washing my hands before i picked her up) She was SOOO excited for me to come in there and I picked her up and was rubbing her head and back and licked my arm (her way of loving me back) then she started freaking out and trying to run and get away from me and i set her on the floor and she was trying to run across the floor but kept falling almost like she had a broken leg (which didnt make since) so I picked her up real fast and started petting her to calm her down( figuring out she was shaking so I think she was freaking out cuz she was in pain) and she stopped trying to run and cuddled up in my hand and tried to breathe and gasped for air then died in my hands! HORRIBLE!!! I just lost it! I think she was so excited to see me cuz she knew she couldnt fight it any longer! I thought she was getting better cuz the night before she was running all over my room playing and having a great time! I was so wrong!!:eek::eek::confused::eek::eek:

so 2 in one week I miss my little girlys I dont know what was worse not knowing how long Layla was dead for or why she died or Killer dying in my hands. I know Killer felt loved I just hope Layla knew how much she was loved!! :eek:
sorry for my long rant,
and please dont be rude yes they are rats but they were my pets and I loved them so anyone that has rude comments keep your rudeness to yourself please!!!

RIP Layla and Killer!!

That is very sad, and I have had a few pet rats ini my time and recommend them over other rodents. If you want to save the other ones you have I would get them to a Vet. Rats get things that are very communicable to other rats, and if you saw one with a yucky nose you certainly have something the others could get, and it sounds like it kills them fast.

i have never had rat s but i hate the thought of loosing any pet im very sorry for your loss R.I.P Layla & Killer

Back
Top Bottom