vermiculite, perlite or hatchrite??

danielle609

Established Member
of those 3 which do most of you prefer. I would love any opinions on any of these. My female will be laying eggs shortly (I have other threads about that) and I am trying to figure out what I want to use. I have a bag of vermiculite left over from when my sister was breeding beardies, but I am not sure if that is what I want to use. I have used vermiculite for all of the snake eggs I have hatched out, but am not sure if it is the best medium for hatching out chams. Thanks in advance for replies!

Dani

hatching medium

So far i've only tried hatchright. I am currently incubating 41 veiled chameleon eggs in it. Seems to o the trick from what i can see so far.

petstores

Alot of bigger petstores or petstores that specialize in reptiles usually will carry hatchright. You can also try looking online.

I ordered hatchrite from LLLReptile, they keep it in stock. This is only my first clutch of eggs but I just put the hatchrite in and put the eggs in and done. Humidity stays perfect and I didn't have to do anything.

I use Vermiculate for my gecko, snake, and chameleon eggs. I can tell just by looking at it or touching it if it has the right amount of moisture.

I'd like to try the hatchrite though...

Back
Top Bottom