Ventilation question

FrankTheTank

Established Member
The cage I am building is 2.5'x2'x3'

I know that I need to ventilate the sides, but I was thinking of doing plexiglass on the sides as well as the front so that I minimize humidity drops as well as keeping water from splashing out on the rest of the stand and floor. I would just leave a gap at the top for mesh screen ventilation. How much space should I leave though? I don't want to go more than a foot down

You could just have the top and door of the cage screen and not worry about the sides. Is this for a female veiled or as a growing on enclosure for a male before his adult cage?

I am doing screen on top already. I will have plexiglass on the front. But I wanted plexiglass on the sides as well for reasons stated in op

I would do as you are planning to but it needs to be bigger. It needs to be at least 4 feet high, and 2 feet deep and wide.

I would do as you are planning to but it needs to be bigger. It needs to be at least 4 feet high, and 2 feet deep and wide.

well it will be 7 ft tall at its highest, but I wanted to leave room at the bottom for drainage system and storage. It is over 2 ft wide and 2 ft deep so I think that should be plenty of room for him. I have seen adults housed in MUCH smaller cages on these forums from senior members that know a lot more than I do, and without the same height that he will have access to, so I'm not really worried about that. Thanks for the input though!

Back
Top Bottom