veiled suddenly mean!

azula

I've had my 6 month old veiled chameleon azula for about a month now. At first she would tolerate me holding her while i cleaned her cage or showered her. But for about a week now every time i even try to put my hand in her cage she puffs up and tries to bite me. She has already bitten my boyfriend. I was wondering if its because she's at a territorial age or what?? Advice!?

If she is six months old does she have a laying bin? it is possible she is gravid. That could most assuredly alter her mood. That is the first thought that comes to mind.

She does have one. But she hasn't been hanging at the bottom of her cage or looked bigger or anything. Hmmm i don't know.

My female veiled started doing the same thing about that age. Turns out she was getting ready to be "with egg," (as I call it!) and was moody. I've changed her habitat to a free-range setup and it's helped immensely. I also make sure to give her lots of space when I first enter the room (she has a room to herself also). I approach her in the way I saw on the Screameleons videos: http://www.screameleons.com/How_To_Handle_Chameleons.htm
and it's helped a ton!!! Good luck!

My female veiled started doing the same thing about that age. Turns out she was getting ready to be "with egg," (as I call it!) and was moody. I've changed her habitat to a free-range setup and it's helped immensely. I also make sure to give her lots of space when I first enter the room (she has a room to herself also). I approach her in the way I saw on the Screameleons videos: http://www.screameleons.com/How_To_Handle_Chameleons.htm
and it's helped a ton!!! Good luck!

How do you locate the eggs after they are laid in a free range? Just wondered.

free range egg laying

How do you locate the eggs after they are laid in a free range? Just wondered.

Actually, her "free range" is mostly a huge cage with the top open and vines above it and a big (fake) tree. She used to explore the room, but hasn't done that recently since her belly has expanded! lol So the bottom of the cage is a pan I've filled with sand for her to (hopefully) lay in, and it's accessible to her from all angles. I've got another laying bin ready for her the minute I see her going to the sand or wandering down below her perches. Jannb has a great resource on the forum about laying bins and I made one like hers out of a trash can. Hopefully my girl will get through her first clutch okay. I'm nervous! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom