veiled eyes problem--hes eating only morio nothing else.

Not phos without calcium.... Calcium without phos!!

These are two very common brands that you may be able to get there. So it is the no D3 version you need.

He is just getting way too much D3 and Vitamin A right now with the amount of reptivite he is getting.

View attachment 311749View attachment 311750
So to be clear. I go to buy calcium without phosphorus and without d3. On every meal i give him calcium without phosphorus and without d3 and twice a month reptivite with d3,right?

Problem still remain...any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_20211115_164805.jpg
    IMG_20211115_164805.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211115_164801.jpg
    IMG_20211115_164801.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20211115_164756.jpg
    IMG_20211115_164756.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20211115_164747.jpg
    IMG_20211115_164747.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20211115_164733.jpg
    IMG_20211115_164733.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211115_164726.jpg
    IMG_20211115_164726.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 79
Problem still remain...any idea?
Did you stop using the reptivite all the time? It can take time for the over supplementation issues to go away. He was getting massive amounts of D3 and A which are both fat soluable and store in their tissue.

Are you dusting the one feeder he is eating though?

Did you stop using the reptivite all the time? It can take time for the over supplementation issues to go away. He was getting massive amounts of D3 and A which are both fat soluable and store in their tissue.

Are you dusting the one feeder he is eating though?
yes i stopped from 6th octomer and yes i dust the worm! but he seems like before! thanks for your reply!

yes i stopped from 6th octomer and yes i dust the worm! but he seems like before! thanks for your reply!
So the eyes actually look quite a bit better then they did a month ago. If you are up for filling out the help form I can take a look at it to see if anything stands out.

Copy and paste it into your reply.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

@Beman

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • veiled cham. male 1.5 yo I have it in my possession for 1 year and 2 months

• once a month

• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • morio-crickets dubia. every day(but he doesnt want to eat anymore)-i gutload vegetables and fruits(apple,carrots,pumpkins,banana)

• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • for 1 year i gave him repashy od plus everyday

• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • drip method.i mist him once a day(cuz in Greece humidity is high) yes I have seen him drink.

• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • hes not testet for parasites. it used to be brown and its tails white.It has been 2 months now that the tails have decreased

• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • combo cage-wood with mess-dimensions+ 140x55x50

• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • 1 lamp for a basking spot ( the ones we have at home) and 1 t5ho arcadia 24w at 20 cm distance. 12hours lights are on and 12 off

• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • basking temp 29 celsius.night temp depends on the outside weather 13(winter)-25(summer) celsius. measure them with electronic thermometer.

• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • humidity at day 35-45 and at night after misting and with automatic humidifier goes up to 80-90

• live plants only-iviscus pothos and hoya

• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • cage is in the livingroom.isnt near fans or electrical devices. the top of the cage is 2.10 meters

• europe-Greece

EDIT:some photos here https://www.chameleonforums.com/thr...ure-picture-thread.173186/page-4#post-1621498

ok give me a little bit to go through everything. One question did you seal the wood you used for the cage?

See my feedback in bold. Everything is basically spot on. Now if he stopped eating due to over supplementation this can take a few months to totally get the supplements out of his body. Repashy calcium plus has fat soluble vitamins so they store in the tissues. But the eyes are looking much better.

• once a month

• morio-crickets dubia. every day(but he doesnt want to eat anymore)-i gutload vegetables and fruits(apple,carrots,pumpkins,banana) How are you feeding him? Feeder run, handfed, loose in the cage? Can you get any other feeders there?

• for 1 year i gave him repashy od plus everyday And this you stopped giving a month ago correct? Take pics of what you are using now for me. As long as you supplementing what he is eating that is good. We supplement to balance the phosphorus to calcium ratio of the feeder. With him barely eating I would not stress not being able to supplement as much.

• drip method.i mist him once a day(cuz in Greece humidity is high) yes I have seen him drink. Does he have a dripper during the day so he can drink if needed?

• hes not testet for parasites. it used to be brown and its tails white.It has been 2 months now that the tails have decreased Could be a parasite issue it is always good to get a fecal done to rule out.

Cage Info:

• 1 lamp for a basking spot ( the ones we have at home) and 1 t5ho arcadia 24w at 20 cm distance. 12hours lights are on and 12 off What is the top material of the cage? Aluminum screen?

• basking temp 29 celsius.night temp depends on the outside weather 13(winter)-25(summer) celsius. measure them with electronic thermometer.

• humidity at day 35-45 and at night after misting and with automatic humidifier goes up to 80-90

• cage is in the livingroom.isnt near fans or electrical devices. the top of the cage is 2.10 meters

• europe-Greece

@Beman

• once a month

• morio-crickets dubia. every day(but he doesnt want to eat anymore)-i gutload vegetables and fruits(apple,carrots,pumpkins,banana) How are you feeding him? Feeder run, handfed, loose in the cage? Can you get any other feeders there?

i tryed with feeder run but he dont response, now i feed him with cup and sometimes with hand! cant find anything else on greece only this ¨https://www.feeders.gr/product-category/ερπετά/σαύρες/feeders-ζωντανές-τροφές/
  • for 1 year i gave him repashy od plus everyday And this you stopped giving a month ago correct? Take pics of what you are using now for me. As long as you supplementing what he is eating that is good. We supplement to balance the phosphorus to calcium ratio of the feeder. With him barely eating I would not stress not being able to supplement as much.
yes i stopped before 1 month.
  • drip method.i mist him once a day(cuz in Greece humidity is high) yes I have seen him drink. Does he have a dripper during the day so he can drink if needed?

not all day. i open the water when i get back fromwork. so for 8 hours he cant drink....
  • hes not testet for parasites. it used to be brown and its tails white.It has been 2 months now that the tails have decreased Could be a parasite issue it is always good to get a fecal done to rule out.
ill do!
Cage Info:

• 1 lamp for a basking spot ( the ones we have at home) and 1 t5ho arcadia 24w at 20 cm distance. 12hours lights are on and 12 off What is the top material of the cage? Aluminum screen?

top and front is a mesh!
  • europe-Greece

Attachments

• IMG_20211115_201636.jpg
    IMG_20211115_201636.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 86
i forgot to say, the last month I saw him eating leaves..iviscus
Yeah veileds eat leaves though.

So everything else is on point. Supplements are correct now...

Get the fecal done if possible to rule out a parasite issue.

And see if you can get these in a small size. They may be interesting to him if he is bored with the current feeders. https://www.feeders.gr/product/ακρίδες/

If this is supplement related then he just needs more time.

Adding more plants to the cage would be good as well.

chameleon academy plants.png

Back
Top Bottom