Veiled egg question.

Steve

Lady B just laid her first set of good eggs (buried some slugs a few months ago). These are good because I got to see the "DEED" with her and her mate. She put out 61 eggs, all good shape, color and size. I have them seperated into 4 containers 16 in one and 15 in the other three. Eggs are buried about 2/3 in Peralite (sp). They stay about 85-90 during the day and drop to about 76-78 at night. I just read something on one of the other postings about letting light in to the container? Do they have to be in total darkness? I have never read about this. If someone knows or if this is just a recommendation please drop me a line. Thanks, Steve.

They stay about 85-90 during the day and drop to about 76-78 at night. I just read something on one of the other postings about letting light in to the container? Do they have to be in total darkness? I have never read about this. If someone knows or if this is just a recommendation please drop me a line. Thanks, Steve.

85-90 in the day is too hot for the eggs. 72-80 will be the best in the morning and drops to 65-70 at night. To simulate eggs in the wild, it is recomended to incubate them in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom