Veiled Eating plants

Sirkssim

It's not just eating them, its like he excessively eats them. It's not like he doesn't get misted...he gets pump misted 3-4 times a day but still decides to eat the plants.

I just want them to grow!

They are golden pothos plants. Is it okay for him to eat them so much?

my girl keeps eating the bonsai plant i have for her lol iwant them to grow to but she keeps eating the leaves cx

It's Ok to eat the pothos, but other leafy greens would be much better. I chop and shred a variety into a salad and offer it in a bowl, along with the insects. Soon, veileds learn to eat the greens out of the bowl even without the insects being there.

I will try that...any ideas on what type of greens and how to put them in his cage. I would put it on the bottom but he doesn't seem to go down there anymore really.

You can see v-shaped bite marks in almost every plant leaf in Yuki's vivarium. It's as if she tastes EVERY leaf before giving them the OK to be in her territory, so this seems like a fairly normal thing ;) I even caught Ryuu munching on leaves as soon as he entered his new home Saturday...

If your chameleon hand feeds, you can feed your cham smell pieces by hand. When it's Yuki's time for her fruits/veggies she isn't interested at first. If I move the piece of whatever between my fingers a bit to make it look like some kind of moving insect, it's gone in a flash! Just another feeding method that you can try out with yours, maybe it will work! :D Yuki would probably eat anything I put in front of her though, regardless of what it is...

Back
Top Bottom