Veiled Doesn't Like Crickets?

Bessiexj9

Hi Everyone,

My 3 month old veiled female doesn't seem to like crickets. She never eats them. Is this right? She seems to prefer worms.

Thanks,
Alison

Sometimes they go through phases. As long as you dust and gutload the worms (what kind are we talking about) its ok. Although some worms are high in fat.

Are the crickets of an appropriate size?
Are you offering fatty worms alongside the crickets? (which is like offering candy next to vegetables on the plate of a human 3 year old) or do you alternate?

food

If i offer my chams wax worms they choose them over crickets so i mix crickets with locust every day and only give wax worms as a treat or reward especially when they are on my hand this also helped me in handling mine as they now see me as a meal ticket and are more acceptable at being handled.

Hi Everyone - thanks for the replies.

I will leave crickets in her cage for 24 hours. She won't touch them. I offer her worms and she eats them. I read that you shouldn't leave crickets in the enclosure overnight because then they will start biting on the cham. I found one crawling on her once.

She really doesn't like them. :(

Did you get her from a petstore or a breeder? If so, what were they feeding her? My cham is in the same kind of boat, except reversed. He won't eat anything -but- crickets, since that was all he was fed at the pet store. He does like wax-worms now as a treat, but I had to throw one in his mouth the first time while he hissed at me and then he seemed to find them tasty. He eats them off my hand now. Try having her taste one. She might just not know what it is.

Hi Everyone,

My 3 month old veiled female doesn't seem to like crickets. She never eats them. Is this right? She seems to prefer worms.

Thanks,
Alison

My Panther is going through this right now as we speak. Question for you what size are the crickets? They might be too big for this little girl. Also have you tried Dubia's? I would stay far away from Mealworms if that is what you are feeding her. Also don't leave crickets in her cage over night cause while she is sleeping they will bite her and she will be left with marks on her. Is that her in your Avatar? Please post bigger pictures of her.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone - thanks for the replies.

I will leave crickets in her cage for 24 hours. She won't touch them. I offer her worms and she eats them. I read that you shouldn't leave crickets in the enclosure overnight because then they will start biting on the cham. I found one crawling on her once.

She really doesn't like them. :(

Don't leave the crickets in all night. Your cham may not like crickets, but crickets love chams. Remove them to ensure she isn't bitten while asleep.

BTW, is that a picture of her in your avatar, cause that casque looks way to big for a 3 month old female. (or any age female I've seen for that matter) Looks like a burn on the side of it too. For reference, my avatar shows my female at 3.5 months.

Back
Top Bottom