veiled colors

i agree my belief is its the intense sun, mixed with the intense rain, mixed with the droughts, mixed with the crazy swamp insects

pretty good theory eh?

I'll be glad when the bloodlines from the wc florida veileds start showing up for sale. The ones at lost lake are unlike anything I've ever seen. I've never seen so many that large, and with so much red and bright orange in them.
David

have you seen Storm cared by Chameleon76?
By far, that was the best veiled i've ever seen in my life. Storm is no longer alive but his legacy pass on.
I think i cried a little bit :p

Here he is (Just as clarification this is Chameleon76's veiled and his photo. Not mine)- i try linkin the pic but i can't. So, I just download them and attached it here:
leeannsspics104.jpg

leeannsspics108b.jpg

LPR-Do you know that for a fact or just making an assumption. Your probably right as mine also has the spot, but I'd like to know their relation for sure. I know the Kammers keep good records so I think I'll drop them a line. Thanks David

I would be surprised if they were closely related. Azog really doesn't have the defined 'spot' like Ming. Poh's Azog kid has a pretty good 'spot' but it still touches the bar on one side. He's still killer looking!

That being said, it is possible that one of their dames carries the 'spot' gene, too.

If anyone gets a response from Liddy on Ming and Azog's relationship, I'd like to know the answer, too.

I agree. Storm is probably the most impressive veiled I've ever seen! Who wouldn't want a red veiled????

i'd take a blue veiled too, but i also wanted to say i'm glad my orange veiled went to poh, its good to know he's in good hands :)

The fourth picture looks like mine!! I don't have a good picture but where did you get him from?

I am assuming the question is towards my post...the forth picture the turquoise veiled is my own. He is my second generation veiled. he sired 19 babies all hatched 3 weeks ago....should turn out great!!:D

i'd take a blue veiled too, but i also wanted to say i'm glad my orange veiled went to poh, its good to know he's in good hands :)

Is the orange guy from your own breeder? I am breeding the orange guy with a high yellow female hopefully they will turn out great.

Also, I am waiting for people from buffalo who bought the same clutch from the Turquoise wanna see if all of them turn out turquoise like him.

LPR-Do you know that for a fact or just making an assumption. Your probably right as mine also has the spot, but I'd like to know their relation for sure. I know the Kammers keep good records so I think I'll drop them a line. Thanks David

Its just an assumption. They look quite a bit a like.

I just wrote and email to the kammers about them. I also asked about the mother in case Ming and Azog aren't related. We'll see. David

Its really hard to tell right now, but he looks like he's going to have quite a bit of turquoise in him. How old is he? Usually around 5 to 6 months you can put a mirror up to them and they'll show you all they got. Pretty guy!! David

He is about 3-3.5 months old. i've been taking a lot of pictures and already i can see a slight difference in him from the day i got him (about a month ago) thanks your your opinions, it gives me an idea of what he could turn out like. These are truely beautiful creatures. again thanks for all your input.

-Travis

nope i never bred him I got rid of him right at maturity, good to know you bred him, is he still on the smaller side or has he gotten big?

Here's my veiled, Otto, at 5 months when I got him....

5 month.jpg

And yesterday at 1 year 4 months....

1year.jpg

He definitely had a brown phase. He started showing these colors at about 7 months or so.

Back
Top Bottom