Veiled colors help

Jd3nn21

Hi everyone, I had a question regarding colors of a male veiled chameleon. I know my chameleon is only 4 months old, however, I was wondering what the difference In how fast they will get their adult colors than a panther chameleon. And also was wondering which month I will start to expect his colors other than green

Attachments

• 20210830_182430.jpg
    20210830_182430.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210830_135140.jpg
    20210830_135140.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 114
So green is their base color. While some will get yellows, oranges, and black spots when fired up it is still always accompanied with a base of green. Color development varies based on genetics and husbandry. Some males will fire up at 6 months and some will not until they are good and ready after a year old. This depends a lot on the temperament of your chameleon. But their resting colors are always more muted greens with their pattern of blacks and browns.

So green is their base color. While some will get yellows, oranges, and black spots when fired up it is still always accompanied with a base of green. Color development varies based on genetics and husbandry. Some males will fire up at 6 months and some will not until they are good and ready after a year old. This depends a lot on the temperament of your chameleon. But their resting colors are always more muted greens with their pattern of blacks and browns.
Ok thanks so much, this is a picture of the father of my chameleon, is it possible that he will turn this color ever. Hes a driskel bloodline

Attachments

• 20210909_203631.jpg
    20210909_203631.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 82
Ok thanks so much, this is a picture of the father of my chameleon, is it possible that he will turn this color ever. Hes a driskel bloodline
Yeah so there is no guarantee.... They have been selling that "bloodline" for years now. So you know that cham is fully fired up. Those are not its resting colors.

The only thing you can do is make sure your husbandry is on point so that it is able to grow and be healthy. So hopefully you filled out the help form and were given feedback.

Yeah so there is no guarantee.... They have been selling that "bloodline" for years now. So you know that cham is fully fired up. Those are not its resting colors.

The only thing you can do is make sure your husbandry is on point so that it is able to grow and be healthy. So hopefully you filled out the help form and were given feedback.
no one gave me the form.... unless i missed it

Back
Top Bottom