Veiled Chameleon Post Egg Laying

Good afternoon everyone! My chameleon laid her very first batch of eggs. She looks skinny and a little lethargic. I offered her a couple superworms and she went right for them and I gave her a bit of water. My questions is, what is the “proper” procedure to get her up back and running? She’s already back on her perch and normal color.

Attachments

• A2D73C9F-0BEB-4826-849F-17F9C38AFC65.jpeg
    A2D73C9F-0BEB-4826-849F-17F9C38AFC65.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 75
Looks like about 60+? Don't make any significant husbandry changes until she's recovered but you may want to look into bringing down her food intake and basking temps to promote a smaller clutch size in the future. Are you familiar with that technique?
Thank you so much for the advice! No im 100% new to this and just read everything I can on this forum! Im more than willing to listen and learn from anyone who has knowledge!

Looks like about 60+? Don't make any significant husbandry changes until she's recovered but you may want to look into bringing down her food intake and basking temps to promote a smaller clutch size in the future. Are you familiar with that technique?

Are dented / squishy eggs common in infertile clutches? Is that a husbandry thing? My girl layed one clutch with a couple "deflated" looking eggs. I wish I would have posted a picture.

Back
Top Bottom