Veiled Chameleon Post Egg Laying

Good afternoon everyone! My chameleon laid her very first batch of eggs. She looks skinny and a little lethargic. I offered her a couple superworms and she went right for them and I gave her a bit of water. My questions is, what is the “proper” procedure to get her up back and running? She’s already back on her perch and normal color.

Attachments

Looks like about 60+? Don't make any significant husbandry changes until she's recovered but you may want to look into bringing down her food intake and basking temps to promote a smaller clutch size in the future. Are you familiar with that technique?
Thank you so much for the advice! No im 100% new to this and just read everything I can on this forum! Im more than willing to listen and learn from anyone who has knowledge!

AnamCara

Chameleon Enthusiast
Looks like about 60+? Don't make any significant husbandry changes until she's recovered but you may want to look into bringing down her food intake and basking temps to promote a smaller clutch size in the future. Are you familiar with that technique?
Are dented / squishy eggs common in infertile clutches? Is that a husbandry thing? My girl layed one clutch with a couple "deflated" looking eggs. I wish I would have posted a picture.

Top Bottom