Veiled chameleon not growing

OK now i have to get this book. You would not believe the amount of warning labels you would get from Todd if you ordered a double bulb from him with 2 12% in it. On top of that, my conversations with Todd stated my 1.0 level was on the money. Now Todd is saying 3-5 at basking... Im not even sure how to create that with just a single 12%...

I tried to contact Todd about lighting and he ignored me. And this was for a MVB which is much more intense than a 12%. So he must not be that concerned about what people use

That aside, I don't see why you didn't put a stop to the image being posted if you had such a problem with it. I'm not intending to argue and I am always interested in and appreciative of any info you share. Perhaps the 12% with very dense foliage and an example picture would have been a better way to list it, if at all. On the other hand though, I think Panthers enjoy more open spaces than most species. So I don't disagree with what you're saying, just could have gone about it a little better.

I tried to contact Todd about lighting and he ignored me. And this was for a MVB which is much more intense than a 12%. So he must not be that concerned about what people use

That aside, I don't see why you didn't put a stop to the image being posted if you had such a problem with it. I'm not intending to argue and I am always interested in and appreciative of any info you share. Perhaps the 12% with very dense foliage and an example picture would have been a better way to list it, if at all. On the other hand though, I think Panthers enjoy more open spaces than most species. So I don't disagree with what you're saying, just could have gone about it a little better.

Yea i lost my head and apologized. I did the math and realized OP was going to end up with a UVB level that was 150% higher than Beman's setup, if they went with a 10.0/12%. Ops setup with a 5.0 is technically higher than Beman's right now, because OP has a single, and Beman has a quad. So if they double it yet again, that will create and above terrestrial amount of UVB and UVC.

Plus Beman and i and some others are discussing this new "3.0 UVI", and how its in theory designed to drastically reduce or even eliminate the need for D3 supplements.

Last edited:
This is my current setup. Yes I'm using a single hood. I can't gauge for myself if my enclosure foliage is consider dense a not. So far my cham seems to love the T5 5.0 a lot more than the T8.

Attachments

• 20190611_215229.jpg
    20190611_215229.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 287
Back
Top Bottom