Veiled Chameleon Lost - Help Please!

RoxJer18

Sunday, 8/25/19, Einstein our Male Veiled Chameleon disappeared. We are unsure if he got lost inside or outside, though we have suspicion he is outside. We purchased Einstein 11/29/2017as a baby, so he is now approximately nearly two years old. Monday it poured rain which isnt good if he is outside. Today, it is sunny at 75-80 degrees.

Anyone have any ideas how to find him? In the next 1-2 months, it will start getting colder outside so finding him is significant.

Thoughts? Please help.

Indoors or outdoors your best time to find him is at night. Take a flash light and look everywhere he should be bright green compared to the green of any plant he is in. Don't worry he can handle rain. Don't give up.
What makes you think he got outside? They are very good at hiding inside as well.

Sunday, 8/25/19, Einstein our Male Veiled Chameleon disappeared. We are unsure if he got lost inside or outside, though we have suspicion he is outside. We purchased Einstein 11/29/2017as a baby, so he is now approximately nearly two years old. Monday it poured rain which isnt good if he is outside. Today, it is sunny at 75-80 degrees.

Anyone have any ideas how to find him? In the next 1-2 months, it will start getting colder outside so finding him is significant.

Thoughts? Please help.
He’s on the wires behind your TV.

Indoors or outdoors your best time to find him is at night. Take a flash light and look everywhere he should be bright green compared to the green of any plant he is in. Don't worry he can handle rain. Don't give up.
What makes you think he got outside? They are very good at hiding inside as well.
My husband had him outside on his shoulder. He couldn't remember if he left him inside or outside.

any luck?

No luck so far... we keep searching. I’ve read mostly the best thing is to have a high power flashlight to find him at night... we have a flashlight but I plan to go to the store and see if I can get a brighter one to look in the trees outside. Someone else shared if you put a female chameleon in a cage outside, a male chameleon will come out of the trees in 1-3 days trying to get to the female normally being on top of the cage. I do not know anyone with a female chameleon so that option is mot available at this time. Im unsure if that would work but its an option.

I agree. Look at night when they are brightest. with a flash light. and look up. they like to sleep up as high as they can get. Found my guy on some wires in my ceiling before. he was not happy when i tried to take him down. lol, only time he ever tried to bite me. good luck.

Back
Top Bottom