veiled chameleon colors

My veiled Rebel gets new colors every time he sheds. lol I'm not sure just how old he is but was aprox. 8 months old when I purchased him in March. I have a album here on the forum if you wanna see some pics. of mine...:D

my female vieled is probably 3 months old, she sheded before i bought her and 2 weeks after she was in my car. still the lght green she is but her stripes are getting a little darker

My little guy is 5 months old and he has stripes. They came out the 1st shed he had with us when he was 4 months old and they are now slightly darker after he shed last week. I love it when he sheds as I think what will he look like now.

For a male, yea, at about 3-5 months you start seeing where their yellow bars are going to come in and they get more and more saturated with each shed. And as they grow any blues or oranges they have will also start to come in with each new shed.

With females they'll get their big-girl spots when they reach sexual maturity, which is usually at 6 months of age, give or take. So that's when they'll get their robin egg blue and mustard spots.

Iam new and have been researching the care aspect. The pet store told me veiled never turn colors so I makes them off my list. Now I know better! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom