Veiled cham doint like his cage :(

jacquesvanzijl

Hi Guys

I got a male Veiled Cham and he is around 16 months old, My female is 18 months old and i moved her in a new cage because she is going to lay eggs soon.

My male i put in her old cage but in the next room, I noticed he keeps going to the top of the cage and not in the little tree trunks and leaves... why is this?

im scared he is not eating correctly even when he goes to sleep he is on the side of the cage..

I have put some pics so you cans see what i mean

please help here i doint understand

Attachments

• P11-05-11_20-55.jpg
    P11-05-11_20-55.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Resize_P11-05-11_20-56.jpg
    Resize_P11-05-11_20-56.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 116
Most often when you move them into a new cage of environment they are gonna get a little freaked out . Give him some time to settle in and see how he does in a few days.

Yup, give it some time. My cham was black for a week or so getting used to the change. He's fine now.

Yeah, we thought my friends chameleon was about to die from the way he behaved after being taken home from a show, he was purely black for a few days and barely moved from the bottom of the cage. After a few days he finally decided to explore and became comfortable.

can chams smell??? i know they cannot hear they communicate by colors

thank you guys i will give him some time, Should i take him out now and then this male i rescued from people that did not look after him at all... and he was in n cage so small and no leaves to hide so maybe he is use to be in the open ???

Yeah, we thought my friends chameleon was about to die from the way he behaved after being taken home from a show, he was purely black for a few days and barely moved from the bottom of the cage. After a few days he finally decided to explore and became comfortable.

My cham is handled allowed to roam free. When i evetually put him back in his terra, he always goes completly Black! I think it is a mind f*ck He just wants to be Free. And why not :)

My cham is handled allowed to roam free. When i evetually put him back in his terra, he always goes completly Black! I think it is a mind f*ck He just wants to be Free. And why not :)

well tonight Juggernaut let met touched him and he walked all around my room.. but still doint want to eat and its now 2 days

I feel so bad for them when they turn black. I saw a panther x at a pet store all black.. I wanted to buy him just for that. I went back in a week and he was showing the most awesome blues and reds!

im happy to say my Cham is finally eating !!!

i have changed my basking light from 60w to 100w and give him 3 hours a day sun light .... tonight he finally eaten 1 x super worm and 3 x crickets

Back
Top Bottom