Veiled babies!!!

Samba and Salsa

3 of my eggs hatched today. All are doing well so far. There are 2 of the 3 that I think might be males, but they are so tiny it's hard to see whether or not I'm really seeing a tiny heal spur. Is it really obvious immediately?

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 272
We are up to 15 babies now, with 2 more hatching. Most are eating and drinking, but my biggest problem is keeping the darned fruit flies in the cage. They are so fast and can climb anything and escape. Any suggestions on making sure all babies get enough to eat?

huuuuuzah! grats

i dont think ill ever get tired of looking at pics like that:D

We are up to 15 babies now, with 2 more hatching. Most are eating and drinking, but my biggest problem is keeping the darned fruit flies in the cage. They are so fast and can climb anything and escape. Any suggestions on making sure all babies get enough to eat?

I was reading you can put a piece of fruit in there to keep the flies interested.

only thing i can think of to slow the fruitflies down is put them in the friedge for maybe 5-10 mins before feeding??

Take a plastic soda bottle cap and put one or two in the babies cage with some fruit in each cap. The fruit will attract the fruit flies and give the babies a place to go "hunt". When you feed dump the flies on or around the fruit. You can start feeding pinheads very soon and they arent nearly as hard to deal with.

More pictures

20 babies now! I can't stop watching them - they are so cute! Unfortunately, one was having some trouble with his tongue today - it was like the "spring action" mechanism wasn't working properly. He couldn't get it to extend to catch a fruit fly and then had trouble getting it back in his mouth. He eventually did and then he drank some water ok. I hope he makes it. Has anyone seen tongue troubles like this before? Can it correct/heal itself?

Here are a few more baby pics:

Attachments

• IMG_3967-1.jpg
    IMG_3967-1.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3908-1.jpg
    IMG_3908-1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3859-1.jpg
    IMG_3859-1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3961-1.jpg
    IMG_3961-1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 139
ohhh man, that is so freaking cool. finally i get to see a picture of what the babies look like. that is so awesome. congratulations!!

They're beautiful! Are most chameleons green when they're born/hatched? I was under the impression that they were brown/grey.

Back
Top Bottom