Veilds Colors?

RachelRiot

I am curious what normal colorings for a veiled are and what colors they turn. My veiled usually stays either green or brown and will occasionally get stripes of a different greenish brown down her sides.

I know they arent as colorful as some other breeds but will she get real bright colors? Thanks.

Great question!

In short, yes. But let me go further and do some explaining to the best of my knowledge.

Firstly it depends a great deal on genetics. Like you and I, chameleons get their different traits from their parents. These would include colouring, overall size, health, etc.

In terms of Male Vield chameleons you will notice the typical vertical stripes usually yellow with flashes of blues, yellows, browns, oranges and blacks throughout.
Some cases animals may have a higher amount of blue or yellow/orange
Storm comes to mind
https://www.chameleonforums.com/favorite-panther-vs-veiled-1911/

Females, although may not seem as exciting or vibrant as males can be surprising. A gravid female will display a deep forest green body with Robbins egg blue spots with yellow flecks here and there... extremely impressive.

Hope this helps!
-kos

Thank you. It helps a lot. :) I have a female and she is about 3-4 months. Do they show more color over time or does it just depend on their mood/enviorment?

I am learning so much from this forum. WOW!

They will definitely take on more distinguished colours as they age. That’s one of the most exciting parts about chameleon ownership. Watching them grow up and take on colour and personality.

-kos

Thank you again. To be honest, I wouldn't be any less fascinated/in love with her if she never changed a color. She is amazing and I am having a blast caring for her.

*I feel a slight addiction coming on*

Back
Top Bottom